I was sick on Mother's Day, but it was still a lovely day filled with thoughts of my kids and my own wonderful mother. The day started out as one of the best days of my life. I woke up long after the usual early groggy wake up to a quiet room with a closed door and the bed empty beside me. This happens so rarely that I was a bit startled for a moment as I tried to put together what was going on. As I lay there I heard the sweet voices of all my boys coming from the kitchen. Then I heard breakfast being made and started to smell bacon and eggs and toast. It all came together for me then. It was Mother's Day, I was really sick and had been at the doctor's the night before. Mark had taken it upon himself to quietly get up with our early riser boys, take them in to the kitchen and he made everyone breakfast. I was very surprised and very grateful. It was exactly what I needed. Thank you so much Mark, Brian and Timmy for the wonderful breakfast!
I stayed home from church with Timmy while Mark took Brian to Primary. I guess all the women in the whole church building met to eat pie while the men (or just Mark) took over the entire Young Women's and Primary. They left it up to him as the Young Men's President to coordinate all the youth in helping all the primary kids write up these cute cute papers for their mothers. I assume it all worked out well. I LOVE mine from Brian.
I'm glad he thinks I am only 12 years old and that I only weigh 13 pounds. I think it's rather funny that he says I like to pet my dog and I like to sleep. Actually all the answers make me laugh along with Brian's drawing of me.
I also got a hand flower from Brian and Timmy.
From school Brian brought me a cute book of recipes from his class. His recipe is his favorite snack, kettle corn made on the stove. Again, Brian's rendition of me cracks me up. I love watching him learn to draw. Does my hair really look like that?
I love my own mother and I love my mother-in-law. I also love love love being a mother myself. I always feel so blessed on Mother's Day.
3 comments:
Hahaha, I love it! What are these "spicy drinks" that you love? Hiding a little gin in the cupboard? ;)
Jess - Ha ha, the spicy drinks was the funniest one and I didn't even mention it. He calls carbonated beverages "spicy drinks." He can't stand them. I don't drink soda that often, but I guess it leaves an impression on him when I do.
So cute! You're an amazing mom!
Post a Comment