Blog Archive

Jan 30, 2012

My Parents Are Home

I am very happy to say that my parents are home from their mission in San Diego!  I am excited to be able to see them more often and I'm so glad we can visit the Ranch now and have them there to greet us.  Not only will they be there to greet us, but my mom will have the house all warm, clean and full of food.

They were amazing missionaries and I don't think anyone could have done a better job at running the Mormon Battalion Historic Site.  They'll be missed there, but their town and family are happy to have them back.

We went up to hear their homecoming speech yesterday.  I love listening to my parents talk.  I love hearing their testimonies, their experiences and their ideas.  I always want to be a better person and a better member of the Church after listening to them.  Here are a few pictures of our first get-together at the Ranch.



It made my day to see my Dad sleeping in that chair (his sons-in-law are following in his  footsteps).

And having my Mom back at (in charge of) the family parties is indescribable.  I love her so much.

Out of control cousins.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm happy your parents are home! I really wanted to come hear them talk in church, but Jay had to teach that day and Lilly had a talk... Tell them I said "hello." :)

Emily said...

Aw, I'm so homesick! The picture of dad asleep in his chair just made my day. I'm so happy just knowing mom and dad are back at the ranch. (All is right with the world.) We miss everyone so much.

Natasha said...

Glad your parents are home. I am sad I missed them talking in church. Your parents are so great!