The idea of ringing in the new year at our own "midnight" (5:00 p.m.) is in my opinion one of the best ideas ever. I have never enjoyed celebrating the new year so much as I did this year. We ate yummy food, counted down to "midnight", made lots of noise, yelled HAPPY NEW YEAR, popped balloon after balloon full of prizes, set off indoor fire works, made a mess of Alli's house will silly string, and the kids still got a lovely night's sleep. Thank you Allison and Dave for inviting us!
Although Mark and I were not planning on staying up until the real midnight, we ended up talking to Mandy and Brian until then anyway, and celebrating again with a bit of sparkling cider. We expressed to each other our resolutions for this year hoping that by telling others we'll be more likely to accomplish them. Mark said he is going to work out at least twice a week (which he has definitely done so far with all the basketball he's been playing.) I wanted to get back to reading the Book of Mormon together as a family. Since then Mark has helped so much with this by coming and reading to us while I get the kids breakfast and eat breakfast myself. Mark hates to eat breakfast so he reads while we eat and I fulfill the kid's requests for more milk, more cereal, napkins, etc. It has been working out very nicely for us and I hope we can keep it up.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you guys came! We definitely had a better party with you around than we did last year on our own! The kids had so much fun. Thanks for bringing so many balloons and such yummy food!
I resolve to leave more comments on your blog. Done.
Post a Comment