Blog Archive

Sep 11, 2013

First Days of School

 Brian has been in Kindergarten for 2 weeks now.  He goes every morning from nine to noon. I think he is doing well. For the most part he enjoys his time.  He loves making new friends and he already knows many of the kid's names in his class.  The other day as I dropped him off and watched him get in line, there was a chorus of "Brian! Hi Brian! Come stand here Brian!" from quite a few different students.  It made me smile and it makes me smile to know that he enjoys all the aspects of school.  He did ask me today when he would start learning things he didn't already know, and he has said a few times that he gets a little bored. I'm guessing with Kindergarten they have to start with the basics and then move on from there.  Brian says his favorite part of school is recess.  I asked him what he does at recess and he said, "I just run the whole time.  There is a girl who always wears exercise clothes who likes to run too.  Usually she's faster than me, but sometimes I'm faster than her."  Another of Brian's favorite things is the discipline system his teacher has.  Each child starts the day with a green light and then yellow light is a warning for breaking a rule, red lights get time out etc.  He loves telling me that he got a green light and then he likes to tell me all the kids who got a yellow light or more.  I'm glad he wants to follow the rules.

I think the picture below is cute.  This was Timmy's first day of gymnastics and he jumped right in the picture holding an Outback Steakhouse coaster, because it looked like Brian's sign.  That kid cracks me up.

Brian goes to school with his favorite friend from church.  He calls her his best friend.  They aren't in the same class, but we carpool, and they see each other every day.


Timmy started pre-school last week and has gone two times.  He goes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  I'm not totally sure how this will work out for him, but I think he'll be fine.  He's done well the first two days and he wants to go and participate.  He sure is cute!  I love how he insists on buckling his waist strap every time he puts on that backpack.




I can't believe I have TWO school boys!  They are growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Aw, love these pictures. Time flies. Can't believe your handsome boys are so grown up!