Blog Archive

Sep 16, 2013

Brian Lost His First Tooth

Brian's first baby tooth fell out on Monday, September 9, 2013.  It of course is one of the lower front teeth.  It was loose for awhile, but it came out while eating  a chocolate popsicle.  We had ridden our bikes to a neighbor's house that has a big swing in the front yard.  They man that lives there loves to see the boys and always gives them a treat.  Today he gave them chocolate popsicles and they were sitting on the curb eating when Brian bit down on something hard.  He thought it was a piece of ice, but when I heard it I knew it was his tooth.  I made sure he didn't swallow it, and we saved it for him to put out for the tooth fairy.  He put it in a specially made envelope to hang on his door, because I highly doubt he would stay asleep for the tooth fairy to exchange his tooth for a dollar if it were under his pillow.

He was super excited about loosing his tooth.  At school they get their name on a big paper tooth each time a tooth falls out.  He is only the second student in his class to loose a tooth. He's very happy to show anyone who asks to see the hole it left in his bottom row of teeth.  A little interesting tidbit to me was that it came out on the same day as his picture day at school.  My first tooth fell out on school picture day as well.


3 comments:

Emily said...

hm, I love the hanging on the door trick. Our problem around here is not so much kids staying awake, it's the tooth fairy forgetting. oops. . .

Mandy and Brian said...

love that smile! If Brian is as lucky as I was, the tooth fairy carries VERY large bills with her ;)

Melissa said...

Ha....I remember you losing your tooth on picture day. What a coincidence!