Blog Archive

Aug 27, 2011

Timmy: Fifteen Months

 Timmy has become quite the goofball.  When he's not whining for me to hold him or get him some milk or something to eat, he's usually wandering around finding things to get into and funny things to do.  He likes attention and loves to make us laugh.  He has been teething lately which makes him grumpy and needy.  It seems like those one-year-old molars have been coming in for months.  We're done with the tops and working on the bottoms.
 Timmy wants to be big and independent.  He will not let me feed him anything.  He has to do it all himself and he's so messy about it too.  Every meal ends in food all over him and everywhere else.  He is a pretty good eater, but has a special place in his heart for any kind of fruit.
 He loves to play dress-up and is always looking for something to wear. Brian's swim goggles were the attire of the day above.  He also likes shoes.  He likes wearing them and carrying them and throwing them and hitting the wall with them.  I often find him trying to put his shoes on even when he's already wearing a pair.  He is a busy boy always moving things around, opening drawers, and getting into everything.

Timmy is still not saying much yet.  Pieces of words come out once in a while, but we're still waiting for him to catch on to the whole talking thing.  He says "da" for Daddy, "meh" for Meg the dog, "Muh" for milk, and "Ma" for Mommy and anything else he wants.  I'm really hoping he starts saying some real words soon.
Timothy is the biggest copy cat of a kid I have ever met.  Except for saying words, he copies everything we do.  He especially watches Brian and copies his every move.  So much so that we had to buy him a blanket just like Brian's because he kept trying to take Brian's away and hold it just like Brian does.  Not only has he copied Brian's blanket habit, but he has copied Brian's thumb sucking habit as well.  Yikes! I have TWO little thumb sucker blanket holders now! The only difference is Brian sucks his left thumb and Timmy sucks his right.  Well, Timmy doesn't have a "yucky corner" yet on his blanket and I hope he never realizes that Brian has a special corner because he'll start with that too.

Timmy is not very steady on his feet.  He does fine walking, but he falls a lot and he is always trying to climb on things, which almost always results in bumps and bangs.  He seems to catch himself with his head, and not a day goes by without the presence of some sort of bump, bruise, or scrape on his head or face.  You can see one on the picture above for some proof. I hope he gets a handle on that head soon, because I am worried about too many head injuries.

Through  it all I just adore our little Tim-Tim.  He brings so much joy to our lives and he's just so much fun to watch.  He has the most contagious smile and the most lovable cheeks you could imagine.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ha-ha what cute pictures! You have the happiest kids! I love how he copies Brian - the blanket story cracks me up. I adore both those boys.

Brigham spent the first four years of his life with a bonk, bump, or bruise of some sort on his head. I'm glad he's more coordinated now.