Blog Archive

Aug 13, 2011

Summer Swim Lessons

Brian took eight weeks of swim lessons this summer.  We have neighbors down the street that teach lessons in their backyard pool.  It was a fantastic experience and we're sad the lessons are over for the summer.  Every morning Monday-Thursday, the kids would hop in the stroller and we'd walk over to swim lessons.  Brian started out so timid and scared that he wouldn't even stand on the platform in the water without holding on to his teacher.  By the end, he was floating on his back and swimming short distances with his face in the water.

 Brian would not even enter the pool without his goggles on. I'm totally fine with that as long as he learns to swim.

 His favorite thing to do was play catch with the torpedoes while waiting his turn to go out with the other teacher.

Good work kiddo! I'm proud of you!

I spent my time running after this little guy on the side of the pool.  They would put out the baby pool on Thursdays, so he did get to go swimming one day each week.  


3 comments:

Emily said...

What little fish you have!

I love the picture of proud Bri-bri holding his certificate. Good job!

How nice to have swimming lessons just right down the street!

Margaret said...

He's so good! I've been teaching myself how to swim and am at Brian's level. We should go to the pool sometime! :)

jess said...

Love the pic of Bri and his certificate. Too cute!