This is Meg. She joined our family on Monday night. Her previous family was moving to Australia and could not take her with them and we were the lucky family to get her. She is a fawn colored Boxer and she'll be two in October. I don't think that we have seen all of her real personality yet, because she is a bit depressed after leaving her previous home and loved ones, but what we do know we love and adore. So far she is very quiet, sweet as can be, and incredibly timid around most adults. Because she has been with me since she got here, she is pretty much attached to my hip. She usually just wants to lie on the floor next to me wherever I am and she loves to be with the kids as well. If any other adult tries to approach her, she cowers and slinks away like she is afraid they are going to hurt her. She is beginning to warm up to Mark, and to Mandy and Big Brian, but it looks as if it is going to be awhile until she feels completely comfortable.
I am actually much happier about having a dog than I thought I would be. We are at a good time and a good place to have her and I have fallen in love with this sweetheart. I'm pretty sure you will too when you meet her. Brian most often refers to her as "my dog." If he can't see where she is he always asks, "where is my dog?" I hope that she can adjust to her new life quickly because it's hard to see her so sad.
5 comments:
COOL!
Oh, she is CUTE! My kids are dying to come over and meet her. And also to play with Timmy and Brian. I thought we'd let her have some time to adjust a little more, but we definitely want to come see her!
You got a dog!! So jealous. I'm sure she's going to be sad for a while, but I hope you have fun with your new addition. That is so cool and so perfect for this time in your life.
She is so sweet!!! We have a boxer/pit and love her. They are such good dogs!
Oh, I can't show my kids this! They will die of jealousy!!!
How nice to inherit such a good cute dog!
Post a Comment