Blog Archive

Sep 8, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

I loved our Labor Weekend this year.  I loved it because we got to spend more time with Mark than we have for months.  Most of the weekend was spent together as a little family.  I loved it.  

Saturday morning we cleaned out and organized our shed.  To most of you this probably sounds like a pretty menial task.  However, for us this is a HUGE deal.  It's a huge deal because, yes, we live in a good sized house, but we only have use of the top floor, which ends up being the same space as a three bedroom apartment with an ity bity tiny coat closet as the only storage space.   Our shed is our main place of storage and with Mark and his unnatural ability to obtain and keep computer after computer and even more computer parts, the shed fills up pretty quickly.  Luckily he was willing to part with some of those outdated and unused computers and monitors.  That whole pile on the right went to Deseret Industries.

Later that afternoon we went to the yummy Asian Buffet with the Hsiao family to celebrate Mark's Mom's birthday.  It was my Mom's birthday on Sunday so happy birthday to Mom and Alice!

The boys got in some pretty good Daddy time.  They love being with Mark because he allows them to jump on him, torture him, smash him, and stuff his face full of grass.  I'm so boring and I never allow anything of the sort.

On Sunday we went to church, took a nap and prepared the house and dinner for the missionaries in our area.  I have been, and still am, battling a nasty sinus infection and the worst cough I have ever had in my life.  It has seriously lasted for two months and I am tired, run down and just flat out sick of being sick.  Everything takes more effort for me right now, so just feeding the missionaries ended up being a big task for us, but it was nice to visit with them and give them some food.

Monday we went on a very nice drive up into the Uintas.  We found some nice off-roading paths we had never been on before and enjoyed some time by a little lake.

 Meg was in heaven.  She was hilarious to watch as she ran full speed around the lake kicking up mud yards into the air and sliding to a halt inches in front of us.  It was worth the muddy car and muddy everything just to watch her.


We then spent the rest of the afternoon at the Ranch with Melanie and her kids.  Brian is still talking about the fun he had with his cousin Matthew.  They were so cute laughing and being silly together.  Timmy was happy to get in on the action for a time in the garage.

We went for a hike on the ditch,


threw rocks in the water,


and enjoyed the beautiful view.

2 comments:

mia said...

your boys are adorable!!! looks like a fun weekend! :)

Emily said...

Aw, I love those pictures. The grass picture us my favorite! Mark - you are such a good dad!!!

The stockpile of computer parts cracked me up too. And of course I love the ranch pictures. cute cute cute. I miss you all.