Blog Archive

Jun 1, 2010

Little Timmy

For obvious reasons I have had a hard time getting anything down about Timmy's birth and the last week of our lives.  I don't want to forget certain things and yet I do want to forget other things if I'm ever going to have another child.  However, I still feel it important to record as much as possible.

At the hospital we gave in to one of those people who offer to take pictures of your child for free and then tries to get you to buy the photos after they are done.  For any of you (mostly for Mom and Dad in San Diego) who wants to see some professional pictures of Timmy you can view them online for one more week. After clicking here click on "view photos" and then type in the password  0526timothyhsiao.


Here are just a few brief updates and pictures from the past week.  I'll leave Timothy's birth story until the end of the post so those of you who don't wish to read the details can easily skip over it.


Brian is still figuring out what in the world has happened to his previous life.  I have a feeling it will take a very long time for him to adjust.  We're taking it day by day.  When he came to visit at the hospital the first thing he said was "Baby came out." He pointed to my stomach and said "all gone."  He was definitely more interested in all the buttons at the hospital than the baby.  He's been acting out a bit more at home, but likes helping me do things and loves having daddy around more.  The real challenge will be having Mark back at work full time.  I pretty much freak out just thinking about it.
I am so grateful for Mark's Mom who stayed with Brian for two days and for my sister-in-law Vivian who put Brian to bed while Timmy was being born and listened to him sleep for two different nights.  Thank you thank you thank you.



Mark has taken Timmy in every morning since Friday to get his bili levels checked.  He has jaundice, but we finally learned today that he is just low enough to not need the bilibed.  A little time in the sun helps too.

Timothy's days and nights are definitely turned around.  He wants to sleep sleep sleep all day long and whatever we do he will not sleep between the hours of 10:00 pm and 3:00 am.  Fun for us.  His cuteness almost makes up for the total exhaustion both Mark and I feel.

I was going to document Timmy's birth at this point, but I am just too tired and I can't justify not sleeping for it.  It will just have to wait until later.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Aw, he is SO cute. . .

I really can't wait to see him in real life - thanks for the update.

Hopefully you'll be getting more sleep soon - ugh!

Emily said...

I just looked at the professional photos - wow! They are beautiful. Makes me REALLY wish I would have had ours done with Eliza. (although I definitely didn't look as good as you do after having a baby!)

Margaret said...

This last picture is my new desktop background. He is adorable, Jenny. I love all of these pictures. Let me know if you need a babysitter/maid/buddy. :)

Allison said...

Awww, I just looked at the professionl photos. they did a good job, they are very cute, but then Timmy is so cute. I'm glad his jaundice is better and I hope he starts sleeping a little better for you.

Also, what's up with Mark's mustache in those pictures?

Jenny said...

This is Mark, I was wondering when someone was going to ask about it! We had a mustache May party for EQ, so a bunch of us grew them all month. I cannot believe how dirty I looked with that thing...

Tiffany said...

Jenny, little Timmy is adorable!! Tasha and I want to come visit you and bring you lunch. I'll call you soon to see what works best for you...

Vivian said...

Adorable! It's nice to see that Timmy got the message about how all Hsiao babies must be super cute. We just couldn't accept less. :P

Allison said...

Mark,
I didn't want to say anything, but since you have already said it. . ."EWWWWW!"

Mary said...

CONGRATS! He is DARLING!! We love and miss you Jenny!

Kira said...

What a SWEETIE!!! i made my hubby come look as his pictures because I think he is such a beautiful baby boy!! congrats jenny, you are amazing and I hope life with two treats you well. 2 kids=even more love than you can imagine.