He is doing more than his fair share of everything. He's busy at work, he's busy with church, he's busy helping family, he's busy helping neighbors, and he's busy doing so many things for me that he usually doesn't have to do. He entertains Brian, he holds Timmy when he's fussy, he takes care of the yard, he has even done some dishes, he brings home dinner, he constantly asks how I am doing, he makes me smile even when I feel like a complete zombie, etc. etc. He is the perfect husband and father right now and I dedicate this Father's Day to him.
He has spoiled Brian the last few weeks. He got him this fun backyard toy.
Brian loves spending time with Mark and asks all day long when "daddy comes home?" Mark also got Brian a seat to go on his bike. Brian is in heaven when they get the chance to go for a ride even if it is a quick one before Mark leaves for work.
These pictures show how much Timmy loves the guy. Check out the smile on Timothy's face.
I have been just as spoiled as Brian by Mark's attention and willingness to help me. I think one reason he has been so helpful is because he knows my mom isn't here to help and he's probably worried I might go insane like I almost did after Brian was born.
He has been taking care of dinner for three weeks now. Ask Brian what he wants for dinner and I garentee he will say "chicken and fries." Brian LOVES chicken and fries. I am grateful Mark hasn't complained about picking up dinner on his way home from work. I keep hoping I'll figure out soon how to go grocery shopping and how to cook dinner again so Mark can come home from a long day at work and not have to worry about what he's going to feed his family.
One of the things that has really made me smile the last few weeks is how Mark has improved our yard. He's replaced all the sprinklers and miraculously grown grass in just a few weeks. I just love having a lawn and I love watching Mark take care of that lawn especially when he does it like this.
This was Mark's way of giving me a break from Brian and cutting the lawn at the same time. I unfortunately captured Brian's face in between grins. The little guy can't get enough of yard work with Daddy. Brian has always been very sensitive to loud noises. Our lawn mower isn't that loud, but Brian is much happier to help Daddy mow when he's wearing Mark's ear set.
Thanks Mark for caring and helping so much the last few weeks. I would be so much more of a disaster without your help. Happy Father's Day.
3 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh.
Those pictures are great! I can't decide which one I like better. . . hmmmm - I think the last one takes the cake! (but the giganto burger comes close. . .)
You ARE an amazing dad, Mark. I must say. And you have a wonderful wife too :)
Yeah, Jenny is swell. She's been suprisingly full functioning on such little sleep!
Mark is an amazing man. Great pictures. I loved looking out the window to that sight of Brian in the big ear muff things!
Post a Comment