While Brian and I enjoyed 5 fun days at my sister's, Mark was busy working and then driving our minivan from Utah to Texas with his family. Our primary purpose in coming to Houston was to spend time with Mark's mother Alice's family. Except for one sister who is in Taiwan and Alice's dad who has passed away, all of her family was together for Christmas this year. I got to know all of Mark's cousins, aunts, and uncles. Mark and his family arrived on Monday morning of December 21st and he came and picked me up from my sister's house. We spent Monday and Tuesday enjoying each others company, playing basketball, going for walks, and starting the food fest. I have never eaten so much food in my entire life. Tuesday we went to a Sushi buffet AND an amazing Mexican restaurant. The next day, Christmas Eve, was even more full of fun and FOOD.
(Uncle James, Aunt Debbie, Mark's Grandmother, Mark's Mom, Uncle Eric)
CHRISTMAS EVE
For lunch Mark's entire family, maybe 30 people or so, went to this great Chinese Buffet where we stuffed ourselves silly on all the Chinese food you can imagine. Following the buffet we sat around at his uncle's house waiting for the food to digest. At about 4:30 pm Mark, Brian and I went back to my sister Emily's for a traditional Evans Christmas Eve party, minus the rest of my family of course. Emily made to most delicious filled potatoes, artichoke dip, seven layered dip, salad, and more. Oh, and she even searched through the entire city of Houston to find us some Martinellis Sparkling Apple Cider.
Thanks Emily for the delicious food.
CHRISTMAS EVE
For lunch Mark's entire family, maybe 30 people or so, went to this great Chinese Buffet where we stuffed ourselves silly on all the Chinese food you can imagine. Following the buffet we sat around at his uncle's house waiting for the food to digest. At about 4:30 pm Mark, Brian and I went back to my sister Emily's for a traditional Evans Christmas Eve party, minus the rest of my family of course. Emily made to most delicious filled potatoes, artichoke dip, seven layered dip, salad, and more. Oh, and she even searched through the entire city of Houston to find us some Martinellis Sparkling Apple Cider.
BACK AT THE LIU'S
Following our fun time at Emily's, we went back to Uncle Eric's for another incredible meal prepared by Aunt Sandy (below), with help from other various people in the house.
7 comments:
I loved cooking for everyone..it was a treat for me seeing everyone enjoying my cooking...Boy do we miss you guys! Hope you come to visit again soon and not wait until the next family reunion to visit Houston...A. Sandy
What a busy holiday you had! I'm glad you got to fly with Brian instead of drive. We drove to Texas last June and we had to make a bunch of extra stops for Lilly. You guys make a great manger scene!! :)
What a night to remember! I seriously want to see a picture of a Turducken!
Thanks for eating AGAIN that night with us - we're so so so glad you guys were there. . .
So cute! I just wanted to comment here because I just had a craving for Aunt Sandy's corn muffins. That's all.
It is fun to see pictures of Mark's family, and the interesting food. I also want to know how to fix turkducken. Mark's grandmother is still just as youthful and beautiful as I remember her.
I love ALL of the pictures! I'm glad you were able to spend time with so many family members...it lookes like lots of fun!
PS Brian is getting SO big. Why is it that that happens So fast?
How fun! We were enjoying that great Texas weather too. I miss the big family nativity! My family did one Christmas Eve but it was our night to be with the Steeds, who we love, but no nativity :(
Post a Comment