Blog Archive

Jul 27, 2008

Thumb Sucker Stomach Sleeper

I have at times worried about both of these new tricks Brian has learned, like when I am reading all the literature that says babies should be sleeping on their backs, or when random ladies at church see Brian sucking his thumb and they say "Oh no! He's found his thumb." But, when he has only consistently started sleeping through the night since both thumb sucking and stomach sleeping have started, I decided I am perfectly happy with Brian's new tricks.

He'll start out like this. . .
. . .and end up like this.
He also falls asleep much faster while sucking his thumb, and he can sometimes sleep anywhere.
All in all, he's one fantastic baby!


7 comments:

Margaret said...

Aw, he seriously gets bigger every time I see him! What a cutie!

Vivian said...

I agree, he is great and his tricks are not only fine, but normal! I love how big he's getting and new tricks are always fun!

Allison said...

I had those EXACT same worries about Jordie. I guess some kids really just need to sleep on their stomachs. I also liked that he sucked his thumb when he was so little because if it popped out he could find it again, unlike the kids who slept with binkies and would wake up crying for their parents to come in and find it for them before they could go back to sleep.

However, now I am not sure how to break him of the thumb sucking habit.

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness! He is SOOO adorable! I love that he sucks his thumb and I LOVE that hair! Don't worry about either habit--Britton preferred his stomach as soon as he was able to get himself there as well.

Tiffany said...

What a sweetheart! I love that Brian starts vertically in his crib and ends up horizontal and on his belly. Lilly has some pretty crazy crib tricks as well. Isn't it fun being a Mom? And it's even better when you have a great baby!

TODD + ANNIE said...

One thing is for sure and that is he looks so darn cute sucking his thumb! Your boy is so beautiful!

Emily said...

Tell Brian to STOP GROWING UP!!!
He looks so distinguished in that last picture. Man, I love that kid!