Blog Archive

Jul 6, 2008

Fourth of July Fun

I love the Fourth of July and all the fun that comes with it. I love that we get to celebrate this great country we live in and the freedoms we enjoy. Mark and I like to extend the fun as long as we can, celebrating both in Taylorsville and of course in Oakley and at the ranch.
It all started with the Taylorsville Dayzz firework show. We live right next to the park where they were set off, and we enjoyed the 40 minute show from our own roof with Mark's family. I've never seen a better firework show and from such a comfortable location (we put lawn chairs on the roof and ate ice cream).
Of course the celebration continued in Oakley with the famous Oakley Rodeo (clip at the end of the post) and on the day of the 4th the parade in Oakley. We save our spot the night before and get there early the next morning so we don't miss anything! My favorite part is still the candy. Brian enjoyed all of it but the loud fire trucks.


After the parade, tradition is to head over to the park for the town's Independence Day Program. I always leave the program feeling proud to be an American. My sister did some great fiddling and she also sang with my mom (on the right in the back) in the choir. Nice work ladies!

Back at the ranch, we enjoyed the Cannon family BBQ with Uncle Richard's hamburgers and a whole lot of family fun. My cousin and my sister made a new incredible rope swing (Mark enjoying it above) that swings really high over the field. So high in fact it's a little scary.
Brian has become the little outdoors man and just enjoyed being outside and around so many people.
To end the fun, Mark took us fishing the next day. This was Brian's first time (of many to come I'm sure) fishing with daddy. He was more interested in the fluttering leaves on the trees than the fishing pole, but with Mark's tutelage I'm sure that will change soon.





4 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a fun weekend! It was good to see you at the Patriotic Program. Brian is so cute! He looks so small compared to Lilly. Looks like you had a great time with your family. Isn't the 4th the greatest?

Emily said...

Awesome post. Can I just steel it for my blog??????
I LOVE that picture of you on the bridge with Brian.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina Rochelle said...

fun fun fun. Yeah for the new swing. hould we take bets on who will have the first brake on the new swing?