Thanks to my Mother, my family has the greatest tradition of going to the Utah Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City every summer. I look forward to this trip more than anything and always have such a good time. If you've never been to the Tony Award Winning Festival, it is definitely worth money for tickets, gas and hotel. This year was a little different because it was Brian's first trip. Luckily there is a great child care center associated with the festival and they watch the kids while the adults enjoy the plays.
Mark, Brian and I went with my Mom, my sister Emily and her three little boys, my sister Allison and her little boy, and my sister Mandy. So all together we had five girls, Mark, and five little boys.
This year we were able to see Taming of the Shrew, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Fiddler on the Roof, and Cyrano de Bergerac. All of them were so good and I would watch them again in a heart beat. Here's a little video detailing the trip, except the plays, which you should just go experience for yourself. Check out some great photos of the plays at http://www.bard.org/news/photos.html
6 comments:
Okay, your Shakespeare post is definitely better than MINE!!!! The video is SO cute. I love it.
It looks like you all had fun. That is the so cute when Brian is sitting on Mark's lap and laughing.
Hey you three,
It looks you all had a great time!
I think we should arrange to go to Utah during one of these festivals.
Boy is Brian BIG!
Miss and Love you 3
Aunt Sandy
I want to go to the Shakespearian Festival-whenever I think about doing stuff like that I just think about how I can't because of Max-whoever set up for there to be childcare at the festival was a genius! Brian is getting so big and I'm sure fun, I love when they start to respond more-and it just keeps getting better!
Jenny!!
I found your blog through Katie, and am so glad I did! I hate to admit it, but this is really the best way I have found to keep up with people. You and Mark look like you are doing great. Your little guy is so cute! I love full head of hair! I am so glad things are going well.
Check us out at schafferblog.blogspot.com
Have a great week!
Melanie
What a fun tradition you have!! I've always wanted to go to the Shakespearean Festival, but still haven't. I guess I will have to make it a point to do so.
Post a Comment