Blog Archive

Jun 7, 2008

Thank Goodness for Grandma


The past three weeks I have had to go back to teaching school to finish off the year. It was a much better experience than I was anticipating in part because I felt perfectly comfortable leaving Brian with my mom. She was so generous to give up three weeks of her busy life to come to my house every morning to take care of him all day until I could get home. I can tell that Brian loves when she is around and misses her already. Not only did she just take care of Brian, but she did my laundry and made dinners for us and cleaned my house and took the garbage out and bought us groceries. I have no idea how she does it all, but I am so grateful for her and her never ending energy and kindness. Thank you Mom for all you do for us. We love you!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hear! Hear!
And. . . in the middle of babysitting Brian she flew to Dallas for the weekend, drove to Houston with us, and babysat my three boys in the hotel while Nate and I looked at housing. And then flew back to Utah just in time to babysit Brian again.

I think Nate said it perfectly:
"Your mom is the dream mother-in-law. It's like the whole world gets better when she's around."

Tiffany said...

Aren't Moms the best? I wish one day I can be as good of a mom as my mom is to me. I have a lot to live up to, as do you.

Allison said...

I am also wondering how Mom can do it all. And let's not forget to mention that she went straight on to babysitting Matthew while Mel and Ruben went on vacation. Just thinking about it makes me tired. The whole world DOES get better when Mom is around! (Very cute pictures too.)

Melissa said...

What a joy to have such grateful daughters! It is also a joy to be able to help with grandchildren (thanks to Tim who goes to work so I don't have to right now, and thanks for church callings close to home).