Blog Archive

Jun 8, 2008

Brian's Blessing


We were able to bless Brian last Sunday and Mark gave him the most beautiful blessing. Brian even got his own word in by crying in the middle of it, but let Mark finish in peace. Among many other things, Mark blessed Brian with a strong and wise mind, the ability to listen to the spirit and the ability to develop a strong testimony of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that Mark holds the priesthood and could bless little Brian. I love both of them so much and the experience strengthened my own testimony.

Following the blessing we had the Hsiao and Evans families over for some Sunday brunch. Everyone contributed so I did not have to really do anything for the little party. My sister-in-law Margaret was especially helpful and had everything set up nicely before we even got home from the church. Thank you Margaret and Tony and thank you to everyone else for making and bringing the food.

My nephew Matthew's Birthday was the next day, so we celebrated his first Birthday with a strawberry cake and the Birthday song. Happy First Brithday Matthew!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I really love the bottom left picture of Dad and Mark's dad. I don't know why, but I think it is so cute.

Emily said...

Um. . . that would be bottom RIGHT.
Ha Ha - I love that picture too - their smiles are classic!

What a fun day for everyone (sniffle, sniffle) I wish I could have been there!

Cute family pictures. . .

Unknown said...

We were going to take Evans family picture, but in remembrance of y'all Texans, we didn't because it just wouldn't be the same.