Blog Archive

Oct 2, 2020

September 2020

In September I continued working on my petting zoo area.  The sunflowers growing back there were getting eaten by the goats so I picked one for a picture.  Sunflowers always remind me of September.  


We bit the bullet and got ourselves a farm tractor!  I absolutely love it and can't believe I have lived six years on the farm without it!



We went up to the Cooke's cabin at Flaming Gorge for Labor Day weekend again.  We love it up there so much and we love the Cooke's!













After Labor Day we had the craziest wind storm we have ever had.  It was literally hurricane force winds and many people had trees ripped up by their roots.  Here is Mark heading out in the middle of the storm to start helping a neighbor.  He has been helping people with trees every since.


We had half our neighbor's cottonwood branches in our yard.  The goats liked the cleanup.



I used the tractor for the first time and helped Mark load the stumps he was cutting up on to our trailer.



Mark helped make a new sprinkler system that hopefully won't break like every other thing I have tried.

My second awesome purchase for the month was adorable little pigs! They are Kunekune pigs.  The breed comes from New Zealand.  They are friendly, fun and cute! The spotted one is Samwise Gamgee and the black is named Rosie Cotton. Sam and Rosie and quickly winning their way into my heart!









One of my young women came over and played with the ponies for her birthday.




Work has continued on the petting farm area.  All the animals like to come help me.





Brian had to get his immunizations for school. He opted to read while he got them.

I have been working on the farm website.
And working out in the dirt.

And working on lots of YW stuff. These will be traveling journals to help keep the girls connected.

And still working on the petting farm.

I sold a bunch of old chickens.

I watched the boys play basketball.

We went up to the ranch to get Cowboy.

Timmy caught a baby snake.


The cousins got some time to build volcanoes in the sand.

We brought Cowboy home and he met the pigs. He is not as mean to them as the minis are.

Mark helping more neighbors take down trees.

As the Stake YM president, Mark hosted a two day YM Summit.  They had an outdoor movie in our backyard, tree cleanup service in the neighborhood and pickleball at the stake center.  It was a great success!

The end of September brought the hard part.  The part where we had to say goodbye to Ahab.  It was so hard, but also a good thing knowing he does not have to suffer through the winter.  He was so old and so thin and already shaking each cold morning.

I went up on the day the vet was scheduled and enjoyed watching Ahab eat sweet green grass.



My mom and I will really miss the good old boy.  He was truly one of the best horses in the world.  

Now all I have are memories.

Rest in Peace Ahab

No comments: