October started with the pumpkin harvest! We grew over 100 pumpkins!
I finally finished my petting farm area!
The young women came to test it out for me and decorate the ponies.
More little friends came to visit.
Then we opened to the public two weekends in a row. It was a fun success! However, I am worried about causing a crowd so didn't do it this last weekend.
Pip started sleeping on piles of pillows in the basement so we moved her bed down there.
I sold Pepper the little goat. I still have too many goats.
We visited with the pigs a lot.
Still getting beautiful eggs. I thought the new hens had started laying, but I think it was just a small egg that day.
I traded Cowboy for a welsh pony gelding we named River.
He is wonderful!
Brian took some funny pictures of the animals.
My sister Mandy visited!
The boys played football on some beautiful sunset nights and then finished their season.
We visited our friends, Kathrin and Jim.
I took a quick afternoon trip up to the ranch to see the golden Fall beauty before it disappeared. I LOVE this time up there, but it is very short, so I don't always make it up there.
Mark got the backhoe attachment to the tractor which then started the crazy busy few weeks of changes on the farm!
It started with the chicken run and went from there!
We moved the animal waterer. Huge project!
The boys learned how to use the tractor and became experts at digging trenches.
The dug all the way to the back so Mark could run water and power to the back of the property.
We got that waterline covered back up as the record freeze set in and snow fell.
Then the snow melted and it was time for Mark to pound many many posts in for me.
We redid so much fencing to separate the goats and pigs and horses and make it all more functional.
It has been very busy and we still aren't done, but I am soooo excited to have a huge garden with water in the back and perfect pens for all my little critters!
Mark recorded the boys for their piano and cello virtual recital.
Halloween came, but we didn't even dress up. We worked out on the farm and had a movie night. The pigs LOVE all the pumpkins though!
No comments:
Post a Comment