August was hot and dry. But that didn't stop Mark from starting the the month off with some amazing fishing!

While they were up in the hills, I watched the sun set.
And enjoyed time at the beautiful ranch with my beautiful mom and sisters. Mandy must have thought something was funny at the moment I snapped this picture. This is summer. This is family. This is my favorite.
Mark got invited on a last minute fishing float trip with a friend. He packed right up and headed to the Snake. He loved it.
Our library finally opened to pick up holds and the boys settled right in to reading non stop. I made them read outside just so they could get outdoors.
Last two times biking in Park City during Brian's mountain biking class.
Our garden went crazy.
Back at Mini Meadows Farm (my new farm name), I cannot get enough of Precious. She has truly become "my precious." She is the sweetest and cutest goat we have.
Here is Brian coming down off the Park City Mountain on his last day.
Harvest time for Mini Meadows Farm sweet corn! It is the best!
Ray and Rusty love when I let them in the middle to eat. They are such little piggies. It is hard to keep them trim and healthy.
I spent lots of time back by the park cutting branch after branch after branch of Russian Olive trees.

It's finally starting to be usable space! I am so excited to open the Mini Meadows Farm petting farm and reading forest back there.
I bought many pounds of steak at Costco and we had a vacuum packing night. We all love having a freezer full of steak ready to pop in to the Sous Vide.
The boys did another two weeks of tennis lessons. They are getting good!
Pebbles and Polly saying hello.
Precious came too, but one of the other goats frightened her and she had a pretty good faint. Don't worry, she was only down a a couple seconds and back up to say hello.
Unfortunately it was one of the hottest days of the year. I think it was about 105 degrees when I took this pic! But we only had the one day to get it done.
Harvesting more corn!
Just a little family time checking out the new TV for the living room.
We had friends over for Ping Pong and Foosball. The boys loved playing with them.
August brought our free city dumpster, so we decided to take advantage of it and tear down part of the wall in front of our house. So glad for Mark and the tractor!
Then it was the start of school. The kids were happy, I was a wreck...completely unsure about our decision to send them and full of worry. But so far so good. Brian is in 7th and Timmy is in 5th.
The nice thing is the kids have online Fridays. They got their work done in the morning and we went up to the ranch in the afternoon. My mom put us all to work chopping down thistles on our property.
The last evening of August was Monday night tennis with Mark. He often takes the boys to the courts an hour before his Monday night games to practice. They couldn't ask for a better coach!















































No comments:
Post a Comment