Blog Archive

Dec 6, 2015

November 2015

November brought our one year anniversary of living in this house.  I spent time reflecting on this amazing place we live and what was happening and how it all looked at this time last year.  It has been the most blessed and wonderfully busy year.  I love November and the attitude of gratitude that comes with this beautiful month. I have never been happier and more grateful in my life and I hope that no matter where I am or under what circumstances I can always remember to whom I owe everything - my Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.  I am currently in the most choice and special circumstances I could ever dream of and I am grateful everyday.

November could definitely be called the month of the horses.  The first week in November our neighbors got three of their friends horses from Oakley to stay the winter at their place.  It was so fun to meet these new neighbors and anticipate getting my parent's horses for the winter.






 Then just a few days later we got Frankie and Ahab!  It has been all about these guys since then and so much fun!


Mark got the horse drinker done in the nick of time. 

Frankie figured out how to push the paddle down for water right away and he taught Ahab how to use it.  The goats took a little longer to figure it out but they finally got it down and everyone is happy with fresh water that doesn't freeze.













There was a lot of work going on in this month.  One afternoon I looked out the window to see Timmy cleaning up the leaves and pine needles all without me asking.  He is so cute.  In the background you can see the barn partially painted.  We finally got a warm enough and not windy day to get that baby painted.

We painted it gray with white trim in order to avoid painting the brick and cement on the sides and still have it match somewhat.


At the end of November Mark finished two more barn doors.  So I need to wait until warm enough weather to get those painted to match the others.

Mark built three slow hay feeders, one for the goats and two for the horses.  They have been working great!  Feeding is so convenient now!



Seeing Timmy out with the animals in our backyard is just the best.

And it made me so happy to see this tack nicely organized in my barn.

The boys helped Mark with some projects.  They both have a drill in this picture removing screws from the old doors.

November snow brought lots of fun and play outside.

We went to our friends and had a mini recital.  Brian and his friend were so cute playing a song together.

At the beginning of the month Mark gave the boys much needed hair cuts!  I love how he can cut their hair.




The boys participated in the church primary program and did a perfect job.  They are so cute to watch up there singing their little hearts out.



Mark's primary class made him a thank you card even before they knew he was going to be called as the first counselor in the bishopric.  Most of them bawled their eyes out when they learned he was not going to be their teacher anymore.

We played more in the hayloft and the cat decided he really likes in up there.

We also painted the boys bathroom in November.  It went from this. . .

. . .to this!  So. much. better.

During the Thanksgiving Holiday we took the boys ice skating for the first time.  

Most of the time was spent like this for them, but they got better by the end.

Brian especially figured it out and was going so fast I could barely keep up.




November ended with Thanksgiving and then ushering in the Christmas season!

1 comment:

Mandy and Brian said...

Holy cow! How do you guys get it all done? The barn looks great. So does the bathroom! I am so happy (and slightly jealous) that your boys get to have horses and goats and a barn and a hayloft...it just brings back memories of growing up at the ranch and how much fun we had! That house was a perfect move and is going to be such a great place for Brian and Timmy to grow up!