While we waited for the parade to start, we attempted a picture with all 16 grandchildren. This is the best we got.
This year Timmy really enjoyed the parade. He loved the candy and he was really excited to see the horses this time. He's been quite interested in horses and riding horses lately. That does make my heart happy I have to admit.
I haven't seen Brian happier anywhere else. He smiled and danced and waved and cheered the entire parade, which got the parade entrees to throw us all lots and lots of candy.
Here are the cousins scrambling for the candy.
Back at the Ranch the Cannon family reunion started and we were lucky enough to have the company of Grandma Joyce as well.
Our family took over the outside picnic tables and we ate a perfect 4th of July meal. I have so many memories of sitting on this exact table in this exact spot with my cousins on the 4th of July. I'm so glad my boys get to have the same experience.
After lunch, Brian disappeared with Jordan and Matthew, and Timmy hung out with me as I chatted with my cousins and aunts and uncles that I usually only see once a year at this reunion. He was happy to play on the fun playground in the forest and help my mom get out the horses for a little ride.
After the Ranch, we picked Mark up at home and headed over to his parent's for food and family time. I love this cake Margaret made. It was amazing and delicious.
Timmy was overjoyed to have a never ending supply of dried seaweed. That and watermelon made for his favorite dinner on the planet.
At home before bed, Mark lit some sparklers for the boys. After the exciting and jam packed day, these boys were tired and went to bed before dark. Thankfully they were so exhausted they slept through all the loud fireworks that night.
We are so blessed to live in this country, surrounded by so much beauty and so many loved ones.
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he
lives.
I like to see a man live so that
his place will be proud of him."
~Abraham
Lincoln















3 comments:
i don't' think I've ever seen a picture of you and your sisters before. You all have those same beautiful eyes. Very cool.
That cake is awesome! Wow. And the first picture of you and the boys next to the flag is one of my all time favorites. I Love the 4th of July.
These are such great pictures of the 4th of July! Thank you for capturing all the memories and for sharing them. I'm so glad you love the 4th of July like I do.
Post a Comment