Blog Archive

Aug 27, 2014

Cecret Lake

The boys and I hiked up to Cecret Lake at the beginning of August.  We saw some moose and had a great time!


Timmy insisted on carrying a backpack the whole way up.  He packed it himself too.  When we got to the lake he started unpacking his bag and pulled out some toys, his blankie, his giraffe and a little toy microphone.  He called it his walkie talkie and was disappointed when I would not let him use it to amplify his voice up there in the quiet mountain air.


I had forgotten how much cooler it is up there and I did not bring jackets or sweaters for the boys.  They were cold as soon as we got out of the car.  I didn't want to skip the whole hike because of a cool breeze, so we improvised.  Brian wore a towel and Timmy wore an extra shirt of mine that happened to be in the car.  I'm sure we looked like a motly crew, but we still got to enjoy a gorgeous fun hike!






The hike is one mile up and one mile back.  Timmy did great going up, and then decided he was tired coming down.  He sat down to rest about ever twenty feet or so, but I did make him walk the whole way despite the incessant begging for me to carry him.  I'm glad I refused to pick him up, because in the end he was super proud that he did the whole hike all by himself.  Brian wanted to keep hiking and probably could do a much much longer hike no problem.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Mud Monsters......hilarious!!