Blog Archive

Jul 20, 2014

June Little Things

Here's a few of the little happenings in June.

We went to the zoo.  The boys were so excited to ride the train their favorite animals are the giraffes.  Timmy always has to bring his baby giraffe so that he can show him the real giraffes.  Brian decided to play along and bring his as well.



June brought swimming lessons, which the boys absolutely loved this year.  They would have been happy to have swimming lessons every day all summer long.  One day it poured rain and was super cold.  They had lessons anyway and the pool was heated to hot tub temperature.  The boys had a blast because they were the only ones willing to brave the cold and they said it felt like swimming in a hot tub.  I sat bundled up under the umbrella and enjoyed their delight.


With June, came the wedding of our friends and basement renters.  We were so happy to be a part of their wedding and so happy for them!

Really it was one of the funnest nights Mark and I have had in years.  It was nice to have an important excuse to get babysitters and spend an entire evening together.  There was the ceremony, dinner, toasting (with sparkling cider), and dancing.  Oh boy was there dancing.  I haven't actually danced since before Mark and I were married and I forgot how fun it can be.  I'm certainly not good at it, but Mark is and it was fun to watch him and enjoy the celebratory atmosphere.  We danced and danced and stayed late in order to send off the happy couple.

Here's the result of our turn in the photo booth at the wedding.  Fun memories.


Brian played on a soccer team for the first time.  He loved it and can't wait to play again.




The boys and I spent a day at the Ranch where Timmy caught a snake all by himself.  He thought it was the coolest thing.



How could this place not be pure heaven for little boys?



I attended Sunny's wedding shower and prepared for the big wedding day.  (Luke and Sunny's wedding happened at the end of June, but it deserves a post of it's own.)

And between all the fun, we had some good naps.  The boys have adjusted fully to sleeping in the same room since we put them together in May.  Timmy sleeps on the big bottom bunk and Brian gets the top.

No comments: