Blog Archive

Jun 17, 2014

End of School 2014

School has ended and summer is in full swing here at our house.  Brian said to me today that he wishes he were still in Kindergarten.  He had a fabulous year!  I think first grade will be a little bit of an adjustment for him mainly because it will be all day and he is still taking a nap in the afternoons.  It will be hard for him to go all day long! The other reason first grade may be a bit challenging is that half his day he will be learning strictly in Chinese. For now, I am trying to relish the fact that I get to spend all day with him during the summer before he has to be in school all day every day!

Brian loved his Kindergarten teacher and he loved that the theme in her class was bears.  He thought it was so cool and asked to get a picture by one of the bears she has hanging up.

His favorite thing about the end of school was that he finally got to bring home his Spirit Chain.  All year long as the students accomplished certain goals and did good things at school they earned little beads and pieces to their chains.  Brian was proud of the fact that he got as many items on his chain as he could possibly earn.

Brian also made a lot of friends at school and he will be excited to see them again next year.  Here is a cute picture he drew of him playing with his friend Sy.


Timmy's first preschool year ended with a cute program and treats.  He was going most Tuesday and Thursday mornings and I would help in his class a few times each month.  For the most part he enjoyed school and made some good friends.  He will miss those friends as well as his sweet teacher.


He did a great job with the final program.  He was a little more reserved than the last performance and I learned later that day why, when he developed a high fever that lasted for days.  He was probably not feeling very well at the time.

He won the "Pete The Cat" award because he had the Pete The Cat books memorized word for word and loved those books.  This also explained why he asked for Pete The Cat books of his own for his birthday.

 I think Timmy learned a few things in preschool this year.  He learned to get along with friends, other than Brian, and I hope he learned how to follow directions a little better.  One thing he definitely learned at school (not from me) was how to write his name all by himself.  I'll call that a successful year of preschool.


I have to admit that summer has been a bit of an adjustment for me and the boys.  I can tell Brian really misses the daily structure of school, and Timmy misses the one-on-one time he got with me while Brian was gone, and I miss the few hours I had all to myself while Timmy and Brian were both at school.  I need to keep reminding myself that this is a very short time to have both boys with me all the time and that I need to make the very best of it!  Time to bring on the summer adventures!

No comments: