Mark's New Job
The biggest thing that happened in January is that Mark started a new job! A new opportunity came about that he just could not pass up. He was recruited to work for an IP management software company as a software client consultant. So far it seems like a great fit!
A New RV
The next biggest thing that happened in January is that we purchased a Toyota RV. Unlike the other RV purchase back in November, I think we'll keep this one to actually use as a family! It is perfect! I've scrubbed it all down and Mark has already worked his magic and fixed everything that needs fixing and made some significant improvements like adding a TV.
Downtown Visits
During January I was able to take Brian and Timmy downtown to visit my Grandma at her house and my parents at their condo. We had popcorn at Grandma Joycie's, played with he fun toys, and I played my cello for her.
After lunch at City Creek Center, we played at the condo, ate all of Grandma and Grandpa's nuts and went swimming in their pool.
Brian Started Piano Lessons
Brian's piano lessons and practicing have gotten off to a good start. He is doing great and working hard. I think we found a good teacher. So far so good! He practices about 20-30 minutes 5 days a week with my help for now.
Other Happenings
The boys have made one elaborate train set after another as well as numerous forts. This is winter play at our house. I'm so glad they enjoy playing together so much. The days go pretty quickly these days with school, piano and playing together! We try to get outside when the air is clean.
On January 6th we celebrated Three Kings Day at Melanie's house. The kids loved finding the baby inside the king cake and then Grandma Melissa gave them a prize.
Brian has finally started trying to write/spell his own words. The following was a picture he drew early one morning all by himself. There is an ambulance boat, a race boat, a police boat, and a fire boat. It is so interesting to me to see how he decided to write the words.
I made about 45 CD's for our Primary kids. Hopefully it will help them learn the songs for the program this year. I am starting to enjoy my calling as Primary Music Leader and love the simple truths we learn through the Primary songs. My love for sacred good music and the primary children grows every week.







1 comment:
What a great post! I LOVE all the pictures with grandma and mom and dad. What a treasure. The new RV looks like fun! That is MY kind of camping!!!
Brian's writing and artwork is so cute. What a smarty!
I smiled at the pictures of Brian on the piano, the boys with the train tracks, and your primary CD's - Our Januarys were sooo similar!!
Post a Comment