The day of New Year's Eve started with the kids helping me fill a lot of balloons with treats and toys. While Timmy napped, Brian helped put them all on the undecorated Christmas tree. I snapped a picture of Brian in front of it and then Timmy came out from his nap in his room. I asked him to come get in a picture with Brian, and he came obligingly. Then I pointed the camera at the boys and said, "Say cheese!" and Timmy just burst into sobs. He was definitely still waking up or something. The rest of the night for him was joyous and exciting, even though this picture depicts otherwise.
We had all of Mark's family to our house for lot of pizza, fruit, breadsticks, and goodies followed by a countdown that ended in silly string and balloon popping for the kids.
Even though it didn't help the air quality, we could not resist doing some fireworks this year. We had a ton left over from July and setting off fireworks in the winter when it gets dark before 6:00 p.m. rather than 9:30 p.m. is so much better for our family.
The kids (and most of the adults) loved watching them. Even Brian was brave enough to stay outside for the loud ones and after some major coxing held a few of his own sparklers.
It was a fun party for us. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I like starting a new year. It always comes with a renewed effort on my part to accomplish new things. I find that if I make too many New Year's resolutions, I get overwhelmed and none of them ever happen. So my one new goal this year is to do Scripture or Scripture Story reading with the boys every day. We have started doing it in the mornings when we wake up. So far, so good. We have been reading the Book of Mormon Stories on my phone, which also has the verses from the Book of Mormon right in the stories and I can just click on a few verses each day to read with the stories so they can get used to the Book of Mormon language. I hope we can keep it up! Welcome 2014!

4 comments:
I kind of love that picture of Timmy and Brian in front of the tree. That's going to be priceless someday! We sure missed all of you at our party but it looks like you had a blast! I want to know how you hooked all your balloons to your tree. Did you tie them on with something? It looks like you were able to get a lot more on there than I got on mine. I like your resolution too. Ours was similar but not as ambitious. We are trying to read scriptures together every Sunday. Hey, we are starting small. Someday we might be dedicated enough to do it everyday! Ha.
I love Brian wearing his ear-muffs! Looks like you had fun!
Ha! I LOVE the picture of the two boys with their hats in front of the tree. Like Alli said, it will be priceless someday! Glad to see Mom's balloon tree is alive and well. The tradition is spreading like wildfire - all my friends do it too now.
Happy New Year!
I can't believe how much your boys have grown. Sounds like you had a fantastic New Year! Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment