Brian's First Primary Talk
This was one of my favorite moments from this Christmas season. At the end of his first year in Primary, Brian got his chance to give a talk. He was so excited, and he practiced as hard as he could. The theme for the month was about Jesus Christ, so he just told the Primary what he knew about the life of Christ using pictures. Watching him give that talk all by himself in front of the whole Primary was a serious proud mommy moment for me. Everyone was riveted on his little figure and listened intently to his darling little voice that gets higher when he says his prayers or gives a talk. It really was a special moment. At the end it was silent in the room, and every teacher there had tears in their eyes. This little special soul of ours really brought the spirit into that room as he shared his testimony and love for Jesus Christ with his friends in Primary. Helping him prepare his talk and then watching him give it really helped us to focus on the true meaning of Christmas this year. I learned so much from this simple experience and I am so blessed to be this little guy's mom. The following movie is Brian giving his talk to us later that night.
Playing The Cello With Mandy
Another favorite thing I loved about Christmas this year was the motivation it gave me to pull my cello out of the closet. This is Mandy's last Christmas here in our basement, and we were asked to play twice in church, once in Relief Society and then again in Sacrament meeting. Mandy actually played another time in Sacrament with her violin student in our Ward. It was so fun for me to play probably for the last time with her before they move to their new house! I love playing with my sisters and I wish it could happen more often. For the Sacrament meeting number we came up with our own violin/cello/piano arrangement from the Piano Guy's arrangement of O Come Emanuel. My Mom drove all the way from Oakley to play the piano with us. Nothing is better that playing with my sisters AND my mom. I absolutely love the following video and I watched it many times this season.
Decorating The Tree
The boys got as far as the candy canes and their help ended there.
Decorating Gingerbread Houses
Brian did much of this himself.









3 comments:
Oh I loved this post! Brian's talk is amazing - what an incredible job (and understanding) for such a little guy. You did a great job preparing him.
Looks like you've been having fun in the snow and that you had a good Christmas. I LOVE the first picture of the biys hugging. Christmas is so magical.
Oh I loved this post! Brian's talk is amazing - what an incredible job (and understanding) for such a little guy. You did a great job preparing him.
Looks like you've been having fun in the snow and that you had a good Christmas. I LOVE the first picture of the biys hugging. Christmas is so magical.
Your boys are getting so big! Way to go with Brian's talk, too. He did a great job!
Post a Comment