Blog Archive

Jan 12, 2013

Christmas Day

Christmas morning was fun.  Brian is finally old enough to be super excited about what Santa brought and when Timmy realized what was going on he was excited as well.  The morning was full of presents and candy and a good breakfast.


Timmy got a toy doctor set from Santa.

I call him Dr. Timmy now.  Every day he gives a check-up to his favorite stuffed animals.  Below he is checking on Mama Giraffe.  

Brian asked Santa for a rock collection this year, so that is what Santa brought him.  He now insists that he is a real rock scientist and is surprisingly interested in the details of geology.  I thought I knew some things about it until I told him all I know in about five minutes.  We have been reading books about rocks and learning all about rocks since.  Every few nights before bed he wants to go through his rocks with me and talk about each one, its properties and how it was formed.  I enjoy learning with him.


Christmas afternoon we went to Mark's parent's to talk to his brother Luke who is on a mission, and to have a delicious dinner consisting of Peking Duck, and other not so traditional American food.  Mark's parents really made Christmas dinner special for us this year! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love it. Brian cracks me up with his rock collection. What a great little geologist!

My kids are already counting down to the next Christmas - Eliza asks everyday if Santa came yet. Um, it might be a VERY long year.

miss you. . .