Saturday morning we colored and dyed some eggs. It was very fun and not as messy as I was expecting. It really helped to have Mark there helping Timmy.
Saturday afternoon we had our traditional Easter Egg Hunt with the Evans cousins at Alli and Dave's house. It could not have been more fun. We ate a delicious dinner and then headed out to find lots of eggs. Both Brian and Timmy were great at finding the eggs. The older kids left all the eggs on the grass for Timmy to just walk around and pick up. He was so happy picking up those eggs until one broke open and candy spilled all over the grass. From then on he forgot about gathering more eggs, and focused completely on opening the eggs he had and eating the candy.
Sunday was beautiful all around. After Brian's big birthday bash last week and all the fun and candy we had on Saturday, I decided there was no need (nor energy) to do Easter baskets this year. So we just enjoyed our candy and dyed eggs from the day before and had a hearty oatmeal breakfast while listening to the Music and Spoken Word. We also had time to snap a few pictures before Mark headed off to meetings, and before I had to haul the kids, the bag, the blankies, and my cello to church to practice with Mandy and our pianist before church began. Mandy and I played a few Easter songs in Relief Society. I love playing with my sisters and it helped me really get into the Easter spirit.
After making it through all of church the boys got to take a nice Easter nap. We then headed to the Hsiao house for some yummy dinner and fun with the Hsiao cousins. The weather was gorgeous so we spent some time outside. A very nice cat wandered into the yard and I thought the kids were just petting it until I looked over to find this. That poor cat! Strangely it didn't even seem to mind, because it kept coming back for more. Luckily Timmy did learn to just pet it softly.
Vivian got this picture of the cousins before we left to go home. True to form my kids had bed hair from their naps and Easter candy, food, dirt, and grass all over their outfits. I still love how cute they are with their cousins and their open mouthed smiles!





No comments:
Post a Comment