on a beautiful sunny spring day like today, Mark and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. What a wonderful day to celebrate and remember. Today I am not only remembering the day we got married, but I'm also thinking of the many memories and adventures we have had since that day. It is such a blessing to be married to Mark and to raise our children in love. Eternal marriage is such a wonderful divine gift.
Thanks to my mom I now have some digital pictures of our wedding day!
Like all my sisters and many of my cousins, I had a photo taken when I got married wearing my great grandmother Oertel's wedding dress.
My mother wore the same dress for her wedding.
My grandmother Cannon also wore the dress when she was married.
To me these pictures are a visual representation of following in the footsteps of these beautiful women. I am sealed to a loving and righteous husband and am raising my own children in the gospel. I only hope I can rise to the standard of the women above.
Here is a picture of Mark and me now. A good word to describe us would be more. We are a little bit more tired, maybe a little bit chubbier, and more in love and happier to be experiencing life together even than we were 8 years ago. Happy Anniversary Mark!








2 comments:
You guys look pretty much the same to me. I hope you have a happy anniversary. It's hard to believe that you've been married for eight years already. It seems like we were all just in Mexico visiting mom and dad. I can't believe it has been that long.
Aw, what a cute post. And I agree with Alli - (it's SO not fair) you guys don't look a day older than when you were married. Happy anniversary! Miss you. . . I can't believe I've only been married two years longer than you.
Post a Comment