Friday we packed up, cleaned up, and headed up to the Ranch. Mark went with my uncle to cut logs for firewood to give to my mom for her Birthday. He spent the afternoon and evening cutting and splitting that wood. Then we enjoyed dinner at the Oakley Polar King and conversation and a movie with my parents.
Saturday was the traditional Labor Day Weekend/Mom's Birthday BBQ. The Evans family (minus Emily and her family whom we missed very much) enjoyed each others company as we gorged ourselves on Mexican BBQ. Thanks for the food and fun guys. Sadly when it is up to me to take pictures it just never seems to happen. This is the only picture I got from the first half of the weekend. Brian loves loves loves to play with his cousin Jordan.
Sunday we drove down to Salt Lake so I could teach Young Women and Mark could teach Elder's Quorum and Brian could decide NOT to go to nursery and sit on Daddy's lap during his lesson. After church we packed up some more stuff and met Mark's side of the family for a night and day at the Ranch. Luckily my sister-in-law Vivian is really good at taking pictures and is willing to share them all with me. Without her I'd only have two pictures from the second half of the weekend. Thanks Vivian.
Sunday afternoon we relaxed and watched the boys toss a football and Frisbee.
Then we roasted marshmallows and played games.
On Monday we went to the lake to fish and play.
Brian couldn't get enough of watching and talking to the fish that his uncle Tony caught.
7 comments:
How about this time we NOT wait 4 years before coming again... I love it up there.
oh, and where's the video of Brian talking to the fish?!
How fun! The fishing pictures ALMOST make me want to go fishing. . .almost.
I love your posts, Jenny - and Aw, I miss the ranch.
Oh, and I especially LOVE the picture of you and mark by the fire.
That was the best birthday ever!! Thanks for the food, the fun, the family picture, and the wood!
I LOVE the picture of you and Mark by the fire!
Emily, that's it, next time you're in town, I'm taking the boys fishin'!
Hey, at least you took 1 picture during Mom's birthday. I brought my camera, but didn't even take itout of my bag! I love how much Jordie and Brian like playing together. Even when they get completely wild, they are so much fun to watch.
Post a Comment