Blog Archive

Sep 23, 2009

Baby Zuri

We went to the zoo again yesterday. It was the perfect visit with prefect weather and only a few people. The best part about this visit was the new baby elephant! Her name is Zuri and she is the cutest thing! I love elephants and I could have watched her for a very very long time.

While I watched the baby elephant, Brian got to run around my legs for awhile and then he enjoyed a snack in his stroller, which I think he enjoyed more than watching the elephant.



The baby snow leopard was frolicking around. Brian enjoyed watching him.

My mom has a picture of me about the same age as Brian here at the lion drinking fountain. I'm impressed that they still have them at the zoo.

Brian can't leave the zoo without feeding the crocodile some wood chips.

4 comments:

Russ Cannon said...

Is Zuri short for Zurich? (Must be one of those Swiss elephants that Hanibal left in the Alps)

Unknown said...

haha, I think Hannibal wasn't really smart with them in end...

It's actually Swahili for "adorable or beautiful," and even though she was like 250 lbs when she was born, you do have that desire to just get in there and cuddle with her a little.

Tiffany said...

I've gotta get back to the zoo!! :)

Margaret said...

What a cute baby elephant! Bri-guy is so adorable with all the animals. :)