The first few days I cleaned the house, did laundry, ran some errands, and read a good book while listening to the loudest and largest thunderstorm we've had in what seems like forever. I thought the house was going to fall down, but maybe I was just super alert because for the first night in a long time Brian and I were all alone in the house (our basement renters were on vacation).
Then I thought since Mark wasn't here, Brian and I would go on our own little vacation, and what would be a better place to vacation than the Ranch? We packed up our stuff and headed up to the Ranch for three days of horse rides, baby jeep rides, hikes on the hill, playing in the streams, soaking in the hot tub, good dinners, and of course great conversations with my Mom, Dad and Mandy.
Brian did not really know what to think of the horse ride, but I'm sure he'll warm up to it with time. I however, LOVED the few rides I got to go on and I'm so happy to have horses at the Ranch again.
He just can't stay away from any sort of water even though all the water at the Ranch is ice cold spring water.
So to provide a little warmer water fun, Grandma filled up this little bathtub out on the lawn. Despite the lack of space, Brian and Jordan had a blast playing in this until. . .
4 comments:
Nice hair-chop Bri-guy!
I feel your pain about being left home alone. . . at least you have the ranch as a retreat!
These pictures surely make the ranch look fun! Brian looks ready for some hot summer days (which haven't arrived yet) with his summer buzz. Maybe by August that cold water will feel good.
Yippee for vacations!
It looks like you and Mark had to spend some time apart last week, too. It's so different talking on the phone every night instead of seeing him, huh? I'm glad you got to go to the Ranch, though!
Those horses are BEAUTIFUL, by the way! All the pictures you take there look so idyllic. And, as usual, Brian is adorable (and growing so fast)!
Post a Comment