Blog Archive

Mar 19, 2009

Baa, Moo and Cockadoodledoo

Hooray for spring! I don't think I have been this happy in weeks. The weather has been so beautiful and Brian and I are just eating up the fact that it was perfect to be outside this week. We have gone for walk after walk after walk, Brian can swing for what seems like hours in his swing that hangs on the front yard tree, and Mark and I are using the nice days to improve our disaster of a yard.

Not only have we enjoyed the outdoors in our own yard, but a few days ago Brian, Xander, Vivian and I went to check out Wheeler Farm because it's only just down the street from where we live. We had a great time and Brian loved just looking at all the animals.We got up close and personal with the pigs.



Brian's favorite thing to do was to feed the geese. I love Canadian geese and we both thoroughly enjoyed giving them some bread.



My favorite animals were the little newborn lambs. Oh so cute.



The cows remind me of the Ranch.




Brian surely didn't mind getting so close to the pigs.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry if you tried to comment on this post and it wouldn't let you. Somehow I clicked the "Don't Allow Comments" button without knowing it. Thanks Emily for letting me know.

Tiffany said...

I've wanted to take Lilly to Thanksgiving Point to the petting zoo. It looks like fun! We should meet up there sometime! :)

Gina Rochelle said...

How fu! You're a good mom to get him out so much. Don't tell my kids, they'll be jealous :). By the way, impressive remodeling job (I just now saw the pics). You guys are brave to be taking on these big projects.

Jim said...

I am totally excited for spring, too! There is something about kids and animals = love at first sight. So fun! Brian is such a cutie and you look great Jenny!

P.s. i just realized i am signed in under Jim, but rest assured this is Mel!

Melissa said...

Once again, I have to say....Brian's laugh just cracks me up. The weather here is so funny. Two days ago I was at the zoo with you and Brian enjoying the warm weather, and now I am at the ranch in the middle of a major blizzard, freezing to death!!