Since November 4th, our little family has experienced all of the following major changes, challenges and fun: we were forced to move out of our rental house because the landlords unexpectantly needed to move in, we packed, cleaned and removed ourselves and all of our stuff within three days, we were homeless for a week, we lived out of a U haul, we bought a house, we waited and waited to close on the house, we closed on the house, we moved all of our stuff into the garage of the house, we extensively cleaned and repaired the house, we bought a used refrigerator, washer, dryer and couches, we moved all of our stuff into the inside of the house, we unpacked, we cleaned up all the leaves in the yard of the new house, and finally we got our lives semi back in order. All of this occurred while Mark continued to complete some major and important projects at work, and I did my best to help Brian adjust to the craziness.
All in all we are extremely grateful for the help of family members and especially the muscle Mark's family and our brother-in-law Dave provided in helping us move all our boxes and furniture into a U haul, then to Mark's parents garage, then to our garage, and then into the house. It was certainly no ordinary move from one house directly to the other. We also want to thank my mom and Mark's mom for watching Brian while I cleaned every inch of both the house we moved out of and the house we moved into. And thanks mom for cleaning the unbelievably nasty stove in the new kitchen. I love it now that it is so clean and shiny just waiting to be used.
Our new house was a foreclosure, which hopefully can help explain the incredible amount of work that it needed and still needs before it is really livable. No one has been living in the home for over six months and the people who lived here before, have got to be the most uncleanly people I've ever heard of. That said, once it was cleaned from top to bottom and with a lot of elbow grease, it has turned out to be the perfect place for us. It sits in a quiet neighborhood in Holladay with nice big trees and REALLY nice neighbors. Lucky for us winter is on its way so we can wait until spring to worry about the dead grass and overgrown bushes and vines, and we can focus on fixing the inside of the house and turning the basement into an apartment by the end of January in order to rent it to Mark's brother and his wife.
There is still a lot of work to come, but we are just so happy to have FINALLY, after months of searching and touring house after house after house, found the house for us in just the nick of time. Prayers really are answered. Thanks again to all of you who have helped and offered to help, we could not have done it without you! There will definitley be pictures of the new place to come when things calm down just a little bit more. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
6 comments:
Wow, it sounds like you've been super busy! I hate moving!!! It sounds like you had lots of helping hands though. I'm glad you were able to find a place in such short notice. My sister and her husband got "kicked" out of their renter-home a couple of weeks ago and we also had to help move them out fast. They haven't been so lucky to find a new place so their in my parents basement. What would we do without family.
That seriously sounds like such a nightmare. I can't believe how abruptly everything happened. I would have been such a disaster if I had to deal with that!
moving is no fun! i'm so glad it worked out well for you!
I'm glad everything is working out now! Your new place is FREAKIN' AWESOME! I especially love your kitchen! : )
Congratulations on your new house! That is so great! Yes, it is quite the hassle to close and get into a new house, but that is great!
Wow! Glad you're getting settle and congrats on the house!
Post a Comment