Blog Archive

Oct 9, 2008

Four Cars and a Motorcycle

My husband is good at a lot of things, but there are two things that he knows so much about that you could call him a fanatic. One is computers, and the other is cars. This post is about our (his) cars. Yes, we currently own four cars and a motorcycle. I never dreamed that in the first 4 and 1/2 years of marriage we would have had six cars, a motorcycle and two scooters; let alone, own four of those cars and the motorcycle all at the same time! Well, apparently Mark did dream about this and lucky for him he ALWAYS makes money buying and selling and fixing up all these cars so it actually works out to be a profitable hobby. Our current car treasury consists of the following:


The Samurai
Mark bought this car from a neighbor for $100. He's planning on selling it for much more. It runs, but according to him it needs a little more work to be "worthy to sell".

The 4runner
Mark's dream car and most likely to be part of the family for awhile.

The Motorcyle
Mark's fuel saving summer adventure.

The Subaru
My dream car and everything we need, except it has a few problems and Mark is not a fan of working on it. Seeing that we want him to want to enjoy working on the car to save us thousands of dollars rather than take it to a mechanic, we have decided to sell the beautiful Subi and get a car that he does enjoy fixing, such as a Toyota or a Honda. So after much debate, he has convinced me to embrace my motherhood and we have recently bought. . .

The Minivan
Yes, I am now going to be driving a Toyota Sienna with my only passenger being Brian. I know it sounds a little silly, but we got a smashing deal, Mark wants to fix it, it's a nice drive, it's comfortable, it has great leather seats, it's convenient, and some day we'll want a minivan anyway (no, this is not an announcement). So there it is, I have told the world I now drive a minivan. Yikes!

9 comments:

Vivian said...

Mark does with cars what Jake does with tennis rackets: buy and sell, buy and sell! I would love to have 2 cars... let Mark know if he wants to give us one, we'd take it :) Congrats on the minivan, if looks really nice!

Emily said...

Like my kids and I have said, Mark is "THE REAL Mr. Potts". I love that he's always fixing up old automobiles.
You forgot to mention all the other modes of transportation Mark invents/works on - like the double-trouble bike and the crazy chair! Oh and don't forget the T-R-A-I-N for the six-wheeler he promised to build for the 4th of July parade!!!!

And Jenny - welcome to the world of minivan moms! I just think of mine as a Sports Utility Van. . . and sometimes Chitty Bang Bang when the kids insist.

Loved this post!

Margaret said...

In the words of Luke, minivans are THE SWEET AWESOME!

Also, happy birthday! I hope you have a great day! :D

Natasha said...

Sounds like Mark is quite the mechanic. I think he would get a long great with Wes. Wes has a motorcycle, loves fishing, and works on cars with his dad sometimes but not as much as he used too. I also love that you have a minivan....congrats!

jess said...

If Mark needs car parts, he should go to www.dnhautoparts.com. It's a website that Nathan is building. Right now they only have external parts, but they are getting internal parts soon.

Gina Rochelle said...

That's a great talent to have! We're selling our Mazda 5 (our mini-minivan: for families who aren't ready to give up the sports look and go with a real minivan) and going for a used, less-expensive minivan. With 3 big carseats, it's time to give in :). Any advice for our value car shopping Mark? (that is for those who have no machnical skills)

Kira said...

ha ha for driving a mini van! my husband thinks they are the best and thinks we need one, too. But i refuse as least for now, knowing i'll probably give in as well. they do seem very practical and convenient. but anyway that's great you found a good one :)

Katie and Brandon said...

VAN PRIDE!!!

Gina Rochelle said...

I just read my comment. "no machnical skills"? Yeah, and apparently no spelling skills either! I meant no mechanical skills.