Blog Archive

Oct 18, 2008

The Ranch


My parent's Ranch is my home away from home. Not only is it full of the beautiful memories of childhood, but it is an escape from the noise, smell and busyness of the city. With my Mom there to build cozy fires and make yummy food and my Dad relaxing on a couch providing good company, the Ranch becomes the ultimate getaway. If I go more than a couple of weeks without getting up to the Ranch I get a little homesick. In fact, I think I'm a little Ranch homesick right now. Wouldn't you be?

I love the Ranch in all it's seasons and I especially love the short time when the seasons are changing. Last weekend we had summer, fall and winter all in one day. It was absolutely beautiful.
The Ranch is the perfect place in Fall, Winter, Spring and of course Summer. The following pictures were taken by my Dad and sister in July. Can a place be more gorgeous?

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Emily, this was not meant to make you Ranch homesick. Sorry. Next summer will come quickly!

Mandy and Brian said...

I LOVE THE RANCH!!!

Katie and Brandon said...

WOW! It is so beautiful! I can't believe that's where you grew up! lucky!!!

Emily said...

Those family pictures are gorgeous!!!
You are so skinny and beautiful and YEAH! thanks a lot for making me homesick! Ah, I love the ranch. . .

Holmes Family said...

Jenny,
I found you from Eden's blog. This post made me homesick too! It is so beautiful up in Utah during the fall.
You have such a cute family and looks like are going well. Take care, Jess

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the ranch also, and am thankful everyday for my father who bought the property fifty years ago; for Tim who commuted for so many years so that we could raise our children here, and who has worked so hard to make improvements and repairs; for my girls who appreciate and enjoy the ranch like I do, and for the wonderful men they married who let them "come home" and who pitch in and help us "run the ranch"; for Tenney who fences, irrigates, cleans ditches, and helps supervise the cattle.
At times I feel almost overcome with gratitude to God for the beauties and blessings that surround me! There is no better place than the ranch to soak in the wonders of this amazing earth experience.

Gina Rochelle said...

That first picture is a fabulous family pic! You guys are so cute and photogenic. We're thinking of driving to Vegas for Christmas and my parents are scheduled to go to the Ranch while we're there. They asked if we'd be interested but it will take 3 days of driving each way just to get to Vegas! Tempting though, I love the Ranch!