The new year and the break from school brought some time for the boys to go skiing together at Brighton. I have loved the photos and videos they bring home. Brian edited the photo above from this one below. Both are beautiful.
Some of the photos and video give me mini heart attacks though. I just pray the boys stay safe!
I really enjoyed their ski photos and videos because I could not go skiing at that time. A few days before the new year, I had a small surgery. I had to go under with general anesthetic for this surgery and I really struggled to recover from the anesthesia. For weeks I felt like I could not function properly. My mind was so incredibly fuzzy and I couldn't make sense of anything. I was very emotional and depressed. It actually scared me a bit. I was so worried I would never be okay again. It has been over a month and I think I still have some effects, but things are improving, which I am very grateful for.
Both the boys were asked to the Sweetheart's Dance by their good friends. Mia asked Timmy with this poster and candy.
Aida asked Brian with tennis balls all over the yard and candy and a poster.
Mark went fishing with John.
I finally made it up to the slopes with Timmy. While Timmy went off zooming down the hard runs, I took my time on the familiar easy runs to try to get my strength back after surgery. I thoroughly enjoyed the sunset and getting out of the city smog.
Timmy was ordained by Mark to the office of priest because he will be 16 this year. He did an incredible job of blessing the sacrament the first time. Congratulations, Timmy! So proud of you!
At school, January was full with Colts are Great preparation. Colts are Great is the school's traditional spirit week where Student Government works hard to get donations. Students earn prizes throughout the week by dressing up and doing great things. I liked that this year we used tickets in a locked box out in the front entrance.
Brian had his Senior Night at swimming where all the seniors were honored. Brian joined swim last year and has become an important part of the team. I am so impressed with his willingness to join a sport he had never participated in before. We love his coach, Ron.
Someone on the team made him a sign.
Timmy answered his his friend that asked him to Sweethearts with this fish poster and snacks.
Brian answered his friend by getting Mark to help him take the truck up the canyon, load it up full of snow, and pile the snow in front of her house while she was gone. The sign read "There's SNOW-body I would rather go with to Sweethearts than you! YES!" Aida and her sister had to shovel it all away to even get in to their house.
The beginning of year back at school was also the beginning of a new semester. Brian has a free period to work on an online class. I enjoy having him in my room with me while I work!
Mark got his mom a nice plant stand. Timmy helped put it together and the Mark helped rearrange it again to fit all her plants.
The end of the month brought a year since we lost our friend Ben to suicide. We miss him and still grieve his loss and mourn with his family. His mom sent us this as a way to remember him. We enjoyed leveling up our Ben-ness.
At school we had to get ready for the Colts are Great Assembly. One activity was a wig snatching game. Brian was finding wigs in our closets and trying them on.
Mark got a huge box of amazing rib eye steaks. Here he and Timmy are so happy about the sous vide/seared results.
The boys went to do baptisms for the dead at the temple. They gave me these looks when I asked for pictures in their nice clothes.
We have been working on Brian's mission papers. He had to have a TB test done and then a picture sent to his doctor.
Then the Colts are Great Assembly happened! It was a great success and so fun! We had hundreds of vouchers to give out and some great prizes!
The next day Brian had his region swim meet up in Heber. I was able to go up and watch all four of his events. He swam the 50 free, 100 free, 200 free relay, and the 400 free relay. He had good times! It was really fun to watch his last swimming event in high school!
His friend Jaxon is 2nd in state right now!
Not Pictured in January 2026
-Hot pot dinner with the Cookes
-BYU Scholarship Applications and Essays for Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment