Blog Archive

Apr 30, 2022

February, March and April 2022

The end of January brought Rosie the pig's second litter of piglets. Her piglets are so cute!






My parents were cleaning out my Grandma Joyce's house to prepare to sell it, and no one wanted these old speakers from her living room so I decided to bring them home. Mark opened the cabinets and we learned the speakers are old, but very high quality and still very usable. He got them all wired up and they sound amazing! I love them and they remind me of my Grandma. 

My dad sent me this picture of him when he was a boy with his siblings in their living room. You can see one of the speakers in the background. The other one was on the other side on right of that window. I am proud to keep them and use them in my living room now along with Grandma's piano.

The boys finished the their volleyball season at the Junior high.

Brian moved up to a full size cello which Mark fixed for him.

We found some new places to eat in Chinatown.

We spent time with Mark's parents.

The boys helped on the farm.

The boys and I went to do baptisms at the temple.

We stopped to visit Grandma Joyce.

We went to the Utah Symphony where we watched Harry Potter and enjoyed the music live.

The end of February brought the beginning of baby goats being born. Then they just started coming one after another into the freezing cold and I still to this day cannot believe I kept them all alive. It was nuts. I can't even remember how many babies were born in all. I just remember not getting sleep and not being able to fit them all in the barn. And I remember that all my goats were new mamas and only a few actually figured out on their own how to be good mamas and feed their babies. Some I had to tie up and hold their legs to get their babies to eat. I am proud to say that all of them finally figured it out and even the babies that I thought wouldn't make it became big and strong and adorably cute. However, I had WAY too many and promptly sold a bunch of moms with their babies. I think if I remember right I had 7 moms and 13 new babies in all. It was quite the wild few weeks.


















We hosted a lot of farm events during this time. There were several birthday parties, days of preschool classes and lots of visitors to see the goats.







Brian worked hard for his underwater robotics competition and did well!


The boys performed in the Spring recital and in the piano federation.

They also started selling firewood bundles. 



My sister got a puppy. Puppies are just so cute!


We did some work on our apartment before getting new renters.


Luke came to town so we had some good eats.

The boys started the track season.

Mark perfected his smoked ribs and we had a very delicious Easter dinner.  

Then we all got Covid from getting together with Mark's family for that delicious Easter dinner. Finding places to isolate was not easy. I ended up sleeping in the gym for a few days. The hardest part of the whole ordeal was not being able to be with and help Mark's mom and dad. This was just when Mark's Dad's health really started to decline. He needed a lot of care and attention and Mark's mom had to do it all alone while we tried to keep them from getting Covid.

Mark did help get his dad a new chair to help him stand up with less trouble.

After we all seemed clear of Covid, we were able to get some family together to celebrate a niece's birthday at the end of April. This was maybe the last time Daniel was able to join in the celebration at the table. I'm so glad we could spend the time together.

The next few weeks were tough as we said goodbye to Daniel.

No comments: