Blog Archive

Nov 19, 2021

October 2021

The boys did not have school on October 1st, so I got them up early to check out the Fall colors up the canyon before we got going with all the other things that were happening that day. I may have bribed them a little with the promise of Carl's Jr monster biscuits after, but it got them up and going so we could get up there, take a little walk and make it back down while breakfast was still being served at Carl's Jr. I am so grateful for these boys who will do things like this with me and enjoy it too. I love them and I love Fall! It was absolutely stunning!







When they do get to play screen time they enjoy playing with each other.

If I had to pick two words to describe October 2021 it would be PUMPKINS and RAIN. We harvested the rest of our 300+ pumpkins and we decided to sell them and donate half to help Afghan refugees. The boys washed and priced and set out for display all these gorgeous gourds! It was quite the undertaking, but I hope a good experience for Brian and Timmy.




All month when it wasn't pouring rain (and sometimes even when it was), we would hold events or open the farm to those who wanted to buy pumpkins and donate to our cause. The boys would help load up cars and calculate what they were owed.



Overall they earned over $800 and donated half to charity. Way to go Brian and Timmy!

Mark got a new smoker in October and went right to work making some delicious jerky, and steak and ribs.



The farm was busy with all our pumpkin sales and very wet from all the rain.





There's always leaf cleaning in the Fall too.

This night got me excited for Christmas. My little barnyard made me think of the Nativity. Of Christ's beautiful birth under the star with animals to witness.

Our new Solo Stove made it's debut in October. I love it.


Sometimes I catch one of the kids actually enjoying the farm and animals. Then my heart feels it is worth it.

The boys performed in their cello/piano recital. They are taking both cello and piano from the same teacher. She is wonderful!


They finished up Cross Country this month. Brian is really good at it and Timmy gave an enormous amount of effort. I am so proud of them both!



Brian loved running so much he begged to do a 5k at Wheeler Farm.  He roped his friend, Matthew into running with him. They both did great! Brian's time was 22:40.




My birthday present from the boys was to read The Secret Garden and then go with me to see the musical at Hale Center Theater. I LOVED it! It was the best birthday! Here's to 39 blessed years on earth and many more to come I hope!

No comments: