Blog Archive

May 18, 2019

April 2019

After Florida and birthday celebrations it was back to real life.  We were happy to see Pip.  She did great at Mandy's for the trip which was a great relief for me.  The boys let her join with them during morning Come Follow Me study.

She and I are so so so happy about the green grass coming up in the field!  I seeded it and I fertilized early this spring and it paid off!

Sandbox cities!

Come Follow Me mornings!  I cannot say how much I love studying the Come Follow Me lessons with my boys.  The New Testament is coming to life for us!  We are learning and growing and most importantly truly getting to know Jesus Christ.

We have too many chickens.

I can see the green line from the fertilizer I spread.

General Conference Time!  We watched every single minute and loved it.   The kids like going to the store with me before and choosing their snacks.

Pip likes the snuggles.

Mark made more amazing pizzas!

I love when I come in to find both boys engrossed in their books.  I am so glad they love to read!

Cousin band!

Flowers left in the Airbnb from a wedding.  Nice surprise. This was one of 5.

A new cello Mark ordered arrived safe and sound.

Pinewood Derby time!  Mark showed the boys how to do everything and then they did it all themselves.  So glad he teaches them instead of doing it for them.



Both cars were on the slow side, but Brian's was the coolest looking!

They liked the snacks.

Waiting and waiting for baby lambs!  Mabel looked ready for weeks and weeks!

Trip to the Salt Lake Temple with my mom.  We want to get there as much as we can before it closes at the end of the year.


Can you tel I am happy about the grass?

On the evening of April 12th we were playing in that grass and I was watching Mabel and Molly to see if they showed any signs of lambing soon.  Mabel was acting a little strange.  Standing just a bit differently and looking uncomfortable.  She would go in the barn now and then. I took this picture and told Mark I thought it might be that night.  I watched her on the camera until I fell asleep woke a few times to check.  She kept getting up and digging around so I thought it might be close.

I woke up about 2:30 am and checked the camera and there was a little black baby on the barn floor.  Mark was still awake and we went out to the barn!  This is what we found!

A few minutes later she had a white one! Which came out yellow at birth.






 

The next afternoon Molly had one baby girl.  The boys got to watch the birth.
 






 


We had a pioneer dance in our backyard to get ready for Trek.


Bocce ball in the field!




we went to the ranch for an Easter Egg Hunt.


Brian found the special golden egg with money in it.









We started getting the house across the street ready for renters.  Mark's parents were so much help.


Ahab takes months to lose all his winter fur.  Each brushing sessions takes on piles and piles.





We went up to Logan for a Trek planning meeting and saw where we will be camping.

Loved spending time with Tony and Margaret and so grateful they were willing to watch Brian and Timmy all day. Then it was back home to the lambs!


More flowers left in the airbnb. This time I think it was graduation flowers, but I enjoyed them all the same.


No comments: