Blog Archive

Sep 7, 2018

July 2018

July is always my favorite and most adventurous fun month!  Our Stake float in our backyard started coming together which was important as it needed to be done the second week in July.  Each Saturday morning was busy with it.

Then it was ranch and cousin time!  Timmy is always so fast to catch snakes and share them with everyone.




The cows had just been put into the field and they were so into Pip!  They thought she was the most curious creature in the world.




My dad and I got a kick out of their odd behavior.

All the cows we've had at the ranch over the years were always curious, but never this curious.

They even loved licking my toes.








Nothing beats a summer sunset at the ranch.  I took the Scamp up and the boys and I slept up there a few nights.  It was glorious.

We did stay down in the city for our ward parade and breakfast on July 4th.


the best entertainment though is watching Mark destroy all the young men in the water fight.





After changing out of their soaking clothes we headed up to the ranch to catch the end of the Cannon family BBQ.

Then a little celebration for Connor as he was born on the 4th.

We even had time for some floating down the ditch.





Mark ended up talking to my dad about guns and my dad gave him the one Mark has been drooling over since he saw it years ago.

Later he cleaned it and got it all restored and fixed up.

I took the boys to the Oakley rodeo on July 4th.  It was a good night!








I practiced with my sisters for Evan's farewell and for playing in my Mom's ward that next Sunday.  Pip enjoyed the music and being with me.

We slept at the ranch after the rodeo and the next day was the big boat race!  Brian's boat won this year.  He was so so happy!











Back at home I still love my kitchen window view.  I will never get tired of it.

I love seeing Ye Ye's birds when we visit too.

Mark did a lot of fly fishing in July!

My cute and fat sheep.

Pip always waits for me on this step while I get ready in the morning. She is waiting to go outside.  I tell her she can go out without me as we do have a dog door, but she doesn't listen.

Another beautiful night at the ranch.






Just saying hello to Harry.  Yes we still have him.

Then the boys and I went to the Shakespeare Festival with my family.



I took the kids to The Merry Wives of Windsor.  It was the first Shakespeare play they have been to there.  I was surprised at how much they enjoyed it.

The next morning we hiked Kanaraville falls.  It was the best hike ever!






























Hotel breakfasts are Timmy's favorite because of the English muffins.

Frontier Homestead State park in Cedar City is always a favorite!







Another favorite is swimming with cousins!





I also took the boys to Big River. We love the Shakespeare Festival!

Sword buying at the gift shop will forever go down as the boys favorite as well.

Especially when Grandpa's history lessons are involved.





We drove by the new Cedar City Temple.  It is beautiful!



While I was away Mark was hosting float building parties with the Stake youth and leaders. I got a few pictures from our web cameras.


Back at home it was back to music practice.

I always miss my babies.


Finishing touches were put on the float.


And it was driven out at 7:00 a.m. It ended up winning the Legacy Award at the Days of 47 parade.

Timmy doing some farm chores in pajamas.  You never know what you'll find us wearing in the backyard.

We met cousins at Chuck a Rama before heading to Heritage Park.  We love this place!






Brian's Primary class had a party at the neighborhood lake one night.


July was not all fun and no work though.  I did have a lot of Airbnb tunrovers and sometimes I got the boys to help.

And there is always feeding to be done.

And playing in the sand.


Sometimes when it is too hot outside the boys do some running on the treadmill.

Home...my happy place.





Back to the Ranch!


Will's birthday!

Time to take the Scamp home.  This was my first time taking it out and back all by myself. I love that tiny trailer!

Brian's fort.

Pioneer Day Tabernacle Choir concert.

Hike up to Willow Lake.






Moose!









A second moose!




Then it was cousin horse camp time!






The boys figured out how to walk on the barrels.  They can now do the whole length of the field.  Brian can even do jumping jacks on them.  Pretty impressive!

Mark took a few days to fish on the Green with some friends.

Timmy joined the girls for some crafts at the ranch.  He loved it.

Then they spend hours at the Kamas Rec Center.  We love that place!

Preparing the horses for August horse camp.




  And that's a wrap for July. It doesn't get better than that!

No comments: