Blog Archive

Nov 25, 2017

October 2017

We got the kid's school pictures back in October.  Brian actually didn't plan to purchase a photo, but the picture company got his name mixed up with our friend Marley's and he came home with a digital download with Marley's name under his picture instead of his name.  It was kind of funny.  We got a digital download out of it that we didn't pay for.  I hope they got Marley's picture to her!

Timmy wanted to buy his picture.  I didn't realize until later that he is wearing the same shirt as last year!

One beautiful afternoon the boys went crazy with the driveway chalk after riding their bikes.


I had to document how fast Timmy is growing out of everything!  Time for new pajamas.  The hard part right now is that Brian is not ready to pass on his clothes to Timmy so I have had to start buying double of the same size!

We spent a lot of time in October working on and thinking about buying the river property in Oakley.  We walked it several times and met with neighbors and called people and worked on loans etc.  Finally we decided to back out of the contract.  There are various reasons for this, one being we are just not ready.  But, it sure was a beautiful Fall day when we visited it with Mark's parents.  What a gorgeous place.



The Ranch is a special place in the Fall as well.  Can you spy Timmy?








Here's another haircut selfie.  Always trying to document my favorite and not so favorite haircuts.  They come out different every single time.

I like to document the fish tank too because it is ever changing as well.

I took the boys in for eye exams.  Brian needs new glasses and it was confirmed that Timmy has perfect vision.

October was the month of accumulating items and furniture for turning our basement into an Airbnb apartment.  Our renters moved out at the end of October and we wanted to convert it to a short term rental.  More on that to come in November.  We got a whole bunch of stuff from Mark's work friend and I thought it was funny that he gave us so many coffee mugs.

I took Brian and Timmy to the school carnival.

My birthday fell on a Saturday this year.  It was such a lovely day.  The boys made me this cute gift/note in the morning.


Later that day we took Pip to Tanner Park for a some outdoor fun.




 Afterward we went to Braza Grill for a birthday dinner.



Mandy sent me this old picture of us when we were kids for my birthday.  I had the best childhood.


We got my mom's cat and her horse in October.  They will be here for the winter.


Jack-O-Lantern pizza is our favorite!

I like when Timmy decides to pick up the guitar.  Usually he ends up just strumming away on the floor like this.

Wheeler Farm in the Fall is so beautiful.  We went over there during Fall Break.



Brian had my phone and took this picture of me, Timmy, Pip and Kit Cat on the swing.  Good to know what I look like in my farm hat.  I love that swing and the company that joins me there sometimes.


Playing in the leaves was a must for these boys.  Glad our neighbors still have some trees because we don't.




Pip is not sure what to think of Harry the turtle crawling around her.  He actually climbed right over her legs.  She was very unsure of what was expected of her so she just sat there with a worried expression.


The boys begged to go up to Ogden during Fall Break and go to the plane museum and the train museum.

Near the train museum is a little cowboy museum.  It was fun for us to see that Oakley's Ken Woolstenhulme has been inducted into the cowboy hall of fame.

Here's Timmy hanging out in the recycling bin.  They were supposed to take out the recycling and ended up inside.

Sometimes the boys help me without incident.  I thought I better document some nice and calm window washing boys.

My cousin Rich and his family came and stayed a night with us.  We had Mandy and Brian for dinner as well.  So fun to see them!


This is from one of the many sharing time lessons I give in Primary.  I love our primary.

Daily homework

This year Brian does almost all of his homework online.  Times have changed since I was in 4th grade.

Since having my mom's horse and cat just didn't seem like enough animals for October, I went and got myself some sheep.  Wheeler Farm was selling two Babydoll Southdown ewes and I was thinking of starting my own flock in the Spring, but this deal was just too good and too close to home to pass up, so I went for it.

I went and bought two teddy bears, or are they ewoks?



Molly is the white one and Mabel is the brown.  I think they are absolutely adorable and I love them.


I love this picture of our farm.  Too bad the cat and dog didn't make it into the scene.


The boys had crazy hair day.  Only Brian participated.  I'm not sure why Timmy didn't want to have crazy hair this year.

Then is was time for dressing up for Halloween activities!  Brian was Harry Potter and Timmy was Severus Snape.  They had fun having duels and really getting into character.





We went to Brian's orthodontist's Halloween party at the planitarium.  We love that place!

That weekend was the ward Halloween activity.  I had to leave early to play with Allison in her evening session of Stake Conference, but I snapped this picture with the boys and their twin friends before I left.

Just another beautiful sky.

We squeezed in a bit of pumpkin carving before Trick or Treating.  It was a busy month for me!

We only went along our street this year.  We were tired and the boys don't need so much candy anyway.  But they had fun!

Someone posted this on Facebook.  I have read this quote from my great-great grandfather George Q. Cannon before, but I wanted to tuck it away in memory for when I need it.  At this time I am not experiencing anything particularly distressing, but I want to remember that God is always there.

October we a busy and beautiful month.  Always one of my favorites!

No comments: