We pulled into the cabin as the sun was setting.
Friends arrived and we had a good sleep. The next morning was river running day! It was amazing warm weather and perfect for some Green River rafter water soaking fun! The Green is so gorgeous and it is so fun to be with friends.
Timmy is so brave and allows Mark of Kevin to throw him in the ice cold river.
We stopped for lunch at a sand bar and had a great time playing and digging holes.
Back at the cabin the kids spent the rest of the day playing outside and Mark and I made tacos for dinner. Then the kids got in their jammies and watched a movie.
After the kids were in bed the adults settled down for some Mahjong. Kevin was on a winning streak so I gave up and went to bed.
Sunday, Mark and I packed up the car before our final outing. This is how Pip rode. She didn't seem to mind.
We stopped at a lake and met everyone there. The kids had a blast catching minnos and everyone got a turn on the paddle board (the Cooke's had life jackets at the cabin).
On our way home we stopped at Fort Bridger for the annual rendezvous.
Labor Day was my Mom's birthday, so we headed up to the ranch to celebrate with her.
We got a kick out of this shirt Melanie found at D.I. for my mom. It says, "I do not need another horse, I do not need another horse, I do not need another horse."
At home the fish tank looks better every day.
The boys continue to spread Legos everywhere.
But they do come up with pretty cool creations.
Somehow they also decided they were going to carve themselves some huge pens. And that is exactly what they did. With Mark's help they even got a real pen in there.
Sunsets at the ranch are one of my favorite things ever.
Especially when I get to enjoy it while I watch the boys run around the wide open wild spaces like all kids should.
After looking at some river property in Peoa, Mark came back to the ranch and went on a horse ride with me!
At home we caught two raccoons.
And we spent time with the fish tank.
I took a morning cleaning the turtle tanks. We gave Sophie away to a family who really wanted her and made an easier to clean box for Harry. This is Sophie before she left.
Brian and Timmy love to read sometimes.
Luke and Sunny came into town and they came over for dinner and the next day we went to have a delicious Sushi lunch. I love seeing family we don't see very often!
At the end of September on a cold and rainy night, Mark geared up for the Real Salt Lake game. . .
Mark found a good deal on a Foosball table. It is currently in his shop, but the boys love it.
Our search for river property led us back up to Oakley to check out a piece that was under contract then became available again. We'll see what ends up happening with all this. It is a pretty spot.
October is in full swing! It is my birthday tomorrow! How did that one come so fast?





























































No comments:
Post a Comment