Brian and Timmy performed in their Spring Piano Recital in May. Both boys worked really hard and played beautifully! This was Timmy's first recital since starting piano lessons in January. He was so cute with his big smile up there and I love the picture of him ending the song with the perfect Timmy style hands off with a flare. He played The Chicken Dance and did a great job. The bench was a little too far away for both the boys, but other than that they didn't have any problems!
Brian played a version of The Elephant from Saint-Saens' Carnival of the Animals. This song was so difficult for him to learn and he worked so hard on it for months and months. I am incredibly proud of him! There were certainly times when we both wanted to give up and find something easier, but I'm so glad he stuck it out and got it down! His teacher asked him to be the first one in the recital, because she knew she could count on him to do well. He played it perfectly and then she made him play it again because she had forgotten to start the video. He did a great job the second time too!
2 comments:
Both boys are doing so well! I loved watching them play. Timmy's ending hands are the best!
Wow! They sound amazing Jenny! I know the many many hours it takes to be able to perform like that! Wow! Wow! Wow! Fantastic job to both boys. Great style too - I loved Brian's dynamics and staccatos and nothing tops Timmy's hands-up grand finale! Well done!
Post a Comment