One of the first weekends in May brought the piano recital, Mark's birthday and Mother's Day all in one fun weekend!
We celebrated with cake at home with Mark, a trip to the Asian market for some of Mark's favorite food, and dinner at Outback Steakhouse.
The boys gave me sweet notes for Mother's Day and Brian spoke in Sacrament Meeting. He was the youngest and best speaker that day! I am so glad to be the mother of the best boys in the world!
I noticed in the picture below that I was still wearing the brace for my broken thumb. I think I was finally able to go without it by the end of May. It's now almost the end of June and it still hurts sometimes, but I can use it for the most part.
The boys begged Mark to wrap them up in this extra plastic wrap we had. Sometimes they think the strangest things are hilarious.
Here they are as dirty little shirtless boys laughing as a ladybug crawls and tickles them all over.
May was mostly rainy and cool. It felt like in rained almost every day. We sure are missing it now.
This is Timmy being Timmy while Brian is at school.
The next weekend in May, we went to Park City for a night. When Mark won his big Ping Pong tournament he also won a night's stay at a hotel in park City. So we went up for a Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
We swam in the amazing hotel pool for hours and hours. The boys could not get enough.
We finished off the fun the next day with lunch at the Baja Cantina. It was great to have such a fun time as a family!
One day we went to the zoo and saw most of it before we got rained out. The boys love the dinosaurs.
Mark worked really hard in May in the yard. He finished the fence at the back of the field, built and hung a gate, and put welded wire around the entire field to keep in goats.
While Mark and I worked on the fence, the boys had a whole lot of fun playing in the dense forest next to the field.
Timmy loves loves bugs. He spent hours in May catching, playing with, and talking to all manner of bugs.
The boys also discovered the stream in the park and all the adventures they can have there. I don't know why I thought it would be fine to let them play there in their nice clothes. These outfits are now play clothes.
Our roses bloomed in May. Timmy went out on the porch every single day to check on them and smell them.
The end of May was full of birthday celebrations for Timmy and the purchase of this fishing boat.
Mark bought it from a friend and we took it to Rockport on the one warm sunny day of the month. We had a blast, but apparently it was not enough fun to justify keeping it and Mark sold it for profit the next week. I guess we're just not motorboat kind of people.
































No comments:
Post a Comment