Blog Archive

Jan 12, 2015

Goodbye 2014

2015 has arrived!  I was a tiny bit sad to say goodbye to 2014.  2014 was truly one of the best years of my life.  As I look back through the year's blog posts I realize how wonderful it was.  Mark got a new job, we bought the Scamp trailer, we enjoyed numerous camping trips, the boys were healthy and happy, and we moved into our dream house.  I know that most years may not be so full to the brim with blessings and I want to recognize 2014 for what it was, a year of blessings and joy. I am so grateful.

I do enjoy ringing in a new year and the opportunity it provides for me to make some new goals!  We went to Allison's house for our traditional balloon popping noise making party!  The food and the company was excellent! Even though it was super cold outside, Mark set off some pretty good fireworks for us!  It was perfect!    







We celebrated early and the kids were home and in bed by 7:30.  I then headed over our ward building for what I thought was going to be a long party with the youth.  Staying up until after midnight seemed a little daunting. I was surprised to find the time went really quickly.  We played games and volleyball and basketball type games and talked and laughed.  The youth of our ward are great kids and good examples for me. I will probably learn more from them than I will teach them in my new calling as Laurel Adviser.  Welcome 2015!


No comments: