February actually had some pretty good weather making it possible to go on a few outings. One of those outings was a trip to Heritage Park. The boys had fun playing around and seeing a few animals. At one point they were hanging out near the blue door in the pictures above. I thought it looked like a nice place to take a few pictures of them. Remember, I lost my camera a few weeks ago so every picture is now with my phone. If you look at Timmy's pants you will notice they are soaking wet because he decided to jump right into a ditch 2 seconds after I told him not to get his feet wet. Then afterward he whined and whined about cold feet and we had a hard time getting him to smile for me in the pictures. Luckily Brian is really good at getting him to laugh so we got a few cute pictures. His feet dried and he enjoyed the rest of the visit.
The boys were interested in the oxen until they got a whiff of the corral they were in. This is how Timmy felt about it.
It must have been the month of farms, because we also got in a great Wheeler Farm visit as well.
We always love feeding the geese and the ducks, but because there are not very many people feeding them in the winter, we got mobbed when they noticed the kids had food. It was actually a little overwhelming until I got the boys up on this tree stump so they weren't eye to eye with the hungry aggressive geese.
Come on now, would you want that guy right up in your face begging for food? Once on the stump it was all fun throwing out grain for the birds.
The sheep welcomed visitors as well.
And of course the tractors were the biggest hit, again.
The kids spent so long playing on the tractor that I ended up hanging out with this sweetheart of a horse while I watched Brian and Timmy in the background. There is something about standing near and touching a horse that brings so much peace to my soul. Horses are truly special animals.
The rest of February was fabulous. I really got sucked into the Olympics this time around and I watched it every single evening. It became a big part of my February.
Valentine's Day was fun with class parties and candy for everyone! We even decorated cookies at home this year and took them to people in the ward who needed a little Valentine's love.
During February Timmy finally decided to be completely potty trained and he earned his remote control tractor that he has been working towards for at least six months now. It was a happy day and he's been fine in underwear since.
Also this month, we found out that Brian got into the Chinese Language Immersion Program at his school! We are so excited for next year to start. He will be doing half his day at school in Chinese and half in English.

.jpg)



















1 comment:
Such great pictures of those boys! Oh I love them - soaked pants and everything!
Congratulations to Brian on the Chinese Immersion Program. I can't believe your school has that! Wow - It's perfect for you guys.
You always do such fun things with your kids. We can't wait to visit and see all those places too. Miss you. . .
Post a Comment