Blog Archive

Apr 4, 2013

Brian's Brithday

 Brian requested a surprise for his Birthday with red and green balloons.  We decided the best way to surprise him would be first thing in the morning, so even though Mark was really sick, he and Timmy and I waited in the living room with the lights off until Brian came out of his room and we yelled, "Surprise!!! Happy Birthday!!!" and turned on the lights when Brian came in looking to find where everyone was.  He was surprised and happy to see a new bike and presents waiting for him.
A little later, my mom stopped by for a few minutes to give Brian some fun birthday presents!  He was one happy birthday boy.

 We just enjoyed the rest of morning playing with balloons, eating waffles for breakfast, trying the new bike, and playing outside in the yard.  For lunch I took Brian and Timmy to our new favorite Chinese Restaurant called "Sweet Ginger" to meet Mark's parents for a yummy birthday lunch.  I don't know why I didn't take any pictures there, but Nai Nai and Ye Ye gave Brian new clothes and a little bunny, which Brian is holding in the picture of him behind his cake.  He sleeps with that little bunny every night.
 After lunch and naps, the highlight of Brian's day was helping me to make his cake!  He LOVED it and did almost all of it by himself.  I didn't realize that he would enjoy it so much.  I'm glad I didn't make it the night before like I had planned.
 Sadly Mark was sick all day and missed a lot of the fun.  That evening we had Brian's requested dinner of eggs and bacon.  Then the long awaited time came to sing Happy Birthday and eat cake!

Brian is a big five year old now, but I'm so glad he's not too big for a snuggle hug from mom.  Timmy took this picture after I filmed Brian's birthday interview that afternoon.

Brian's Five Year Birthday Interview

  • What is your favorite color?   green and red
  • What is your favorite food?   Walnut shrimp
  • What is your favorite toy?    My birthday presents, everything
  • What is your favorite thing to do?   To play with my brother
  • What is your favorite animal?   Pandas, because they are black and white
  • Who are your friends?    Timmy, Kilee, Emily, Soren and Marley
  • What school do you go to?    Woodstock
  • What is your favorite time in school?    Playing at the centers
  • What is your favorite book?    Library books.  All library books.
  • What is your favorite movie or TV show?    Blue's Clues
  • What is your favorite thing to do with Mom?    Make cakes
  • What is your favorite thing to do with Dad?    Play games like hide and seek
  • What is your favorite song?    I Am A Child of God
  • What is your favorite holiday?    Christmas
  • What is something you like about Dad?    I like to go out to the store with Daddy
  • What is something you like about Mom?   When Mom reads to me
  • What is something you like about Timmy?   He is fun to play and laugh with
  • What is something you want to do this year?  Go outside to play every single day

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a good boy. Five is the age for getting a new a bike - what fun! I love Brian's cake. He looks so proud. I also love the picture of Brian on your lap. So sweet.

Allison said...

Happy (belated) birthday to that sweet boy! He is such a cutie. I can't believe he is 5 already.